Chapter 1

Ten years ago today, Ye Jin's mom married her 'soulmate.' Ye Jin was only six years old at that time, but from the way her mom interact with this new man, and from the way they look at each other, Ye Jin knew Dong Seok Ahjussi will be staying in their life for a long time.

Ye Jin, whom for the first six years of her life never knew what it's like to have a dad, finally found the real meaning of a family through her step dad.

Her biological father passed away from cancer when she was still a baby, and because of that her mom lived in sorrow for six long years until she met Dong Seok ahjussi.

Slow but sure, her step dad brought back happiness and cheers in their lives. Little Ye Jin finally got to experience having a caring and humorous dad, who loves her like his own daughter.

The presence of Dong Seok ahjussi as her dad for the past ten years made Ye Jin feels the happiest in her life.

To be honest, Ye Jin won't ask any other things in life as she thought she has everything already. Except one thing that put the happiness of her family on the rock.

"Has he confirmed yet?" Ye Jin's dad asked his younger sister.

Auntie Sun Young, who has been sitting by the telephone table for the past hour, shook her head and smiled sadly.

"Well then. We have waited long enough. Let us just go without him then..." Ye Jin's dad stood up and straightening up his shirt.

Ye Jin can see a glimpse of sadness behind his kind smile. Her step dad must be sad because his only son couldn't accept his new family yet, even after 10 years.

Yes, Ye Jin's step dad has a biological son who is currently staying with his ex-wife. They've separated long before Dong Seok ahjussi met Ye Jin's mom, but it seemed like his son couldn't accept the fact that his dad chose to remarried.

Ye Jin nudged the young man sitting by her side on the sofa hard. Gong Yoo oppa, Auntie Sun Young's only son acted hurt while rubbing his ribcage, "What???" He asked.

"Why don't you talk to your cousin?" whispered Ye Jin fiercely, "why is it so hard for him just to make his dad a little happier? Such a cold hearted person!"

"Hey, I've tried to talk him out of it, but he is just too stubborn!" Gong Yoo glared back at Ye Jin.

Ye Jin huffed loudly, she knew its almost impossible for Gong Yoo oppa to ask her step brother to meet his dad and his new family. She just thought maybe after ten years his heart somehow got softened.