Season 3 Ep 16-Season 4 Ep 1

"Nice shot, Monty." I smirked as Harper and I moved to tie up Jasper.

I winced every now and then, as I could feel the stitches pull. I think Raven noticed because she decided to take over for me. Mostly because we had to move a bit faster than the pace I was going at. Finally, we had him tied to a chair while Raven and Monty kept working.

"Wait, I see something. Someone new." Raven scoffed, typing more before pausing, "It's Clarke. But, it is like she is running on another program."

"She took the chip?" Monty shook his head.

I paused my pacing and turned to them, "It wasn't the chip... she put the Flame in her head."

Jasper laughed, "You don't need to whisper. I am aware that Clarke has the other A.I. Thanks to her, I am now updating to version 2 of my program."

"I am guessing that is bad... like BAD bad?" I questioned.

Raven rolled her eyes, "Once she is updated she will delete the kill switch."

"So, find the damn switch." Harper stated.

'Good plan' I thought to myself. But, tension was already high so I chose to keep it to myself. I let out a breath and started to pace again. I found myself beside Jasper and noticed him just watching me, smiling.

"Don't you remember what I told you before?" He whispered.

I shook my head, "I don't really care about anything you have to say, Alie."

"Even though I have been in your girlfriend's head? I could tell you so many things that she would never say to your face. She's too scared, too ashamed."

"What are you talking about?" I pushed.

"Raven is so afraid of your feelings, and hers, that she is keeping her biggest fear hidden from you."

I knelt down to look them directly in the eye, "Say I believe you. Say you're telling the truth... what's in it for you to tell me? And why?"

They shrugged, "You'll be so heartbroken you'll join the City of Light."

I scoffed, "After what you did to Raven you think I would EVER join the city? You're just as crazy as we think you are."

"She's in." Raven stated, turning away from the computers, "It's up to Clarke now."

***

After some time of silence, the computers went dark. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled as Raven leapt up into my arms for a hug. I squeezed her tightly, it was over. However, I couldn't get what Alie had said out of my head. Was she really toying with me, or was there really something Raven wasn't be upfront.

"How do we know she did it?" Monty questioned.

"She did it." Jasper cried.

I reacted instantly and went to untie him. He was crying to himself as I did it until he finally made eye contact with me.

"I was finally happy..." He cried more.

I shook my head, "I know that world might have been easier... I know that this world can suck sometimes. And it can be cruel... But, at least it's real. We can be happy again if we allow ourselves to be, Jasper."

"You believe that?"

I nodded and gave a quick glance to Raven, "I do."

He let out a small laugh, "I'm sorry I stabbed you."

I smirked, "That's alright. Monty shot you."

We all shared a quick moment and Jasper rose to his feet. Instantly turning to Monty. they exchanged words, and a hug. Jasper went to go grab drinks everyone, while Monty turned to Harper. Raven and I shared a gaze but made our way to one another before embracing each other once again.

"That was a nice speech by the way." She teased, "Do you really believe that."

I sighed and took her face into my hands, "If we try hard enough... we ALL can be happy. Grounders, Skaikru... everyone."

She just nodded as she let out a breath and pulled my lips to hers. Once again embracing one another. And once again, there was that voice in my head that questioned what she was afraid of.

"Alright, we have to fix the radio and get the mainframe back on." Raven sighed, turning back to the screens.

I laughed, "Raven, we JUST beat Alie... I think we can take a minute to enjoy it."

"Not until we know our friends are safe."

I nodded and let out a breath. I chose to leave it at that and go outside for some air. The others left to raid the kitchen for food. Raven wanted to be alone, I wasn't going to force anything. It gave me time to think more on what Alie said just before the switch was pulled.

I was going to ask her.

***

"Out here alone, huh?" Harper questioned.

I shrugged, "Wasn't sure where else to go."

"Well, Raven needs us in engineering. She sounded pretty scared."

"Scared." I nodded, "That seems to be going around doesn't it."

Harper gave me a questioning look as we made our way to Raven. She went on about how the radiation levels are okay now, we can handle them. In a few short months, it would be 'red'. We wouldn't be able to survive it if it kept rising. The nuclear plants were melting and they were sustaining themselves anymore.

"The warranty ran out..." Monty nodded.

"We're all dead." Jasper confirmed, "How long?"

"At the current rate of increase... We have 6 months. But it will be bad before then" Raven sighed.

"Can we stop it?" Jasper pushed.

Raven shook her head, "No."

Jasper started to laugh. Almost as though he was happy we all were going to die soon. As though he read my mind, he pulled out a gun he had in his belt and placed it on the counter. I didn't have to think too hard that he was probably going to use that on himself... but now he didn't have to.

"I'm gonna go watch the sunrise." He smiled as he left.

The rest of us all exchanged looks. Unsure if we should worry about Jasper, or about how to figure out the radiation issues.

"This is about to get bad." I sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey folks! :)

Been a bit... I know. I apologize!!

Hoping to make more time to be here with all of you.

See you soon <3