Season 3 Ep 1

A/N:

So, obviously these first episodes may be a bit different (and shorter) than the rest have been.

Being as my character chose another path, the events he goes through will have to be different than what we actually see in the show.

I hope I do well enough and I hope you all enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've been training." Lexa smiled.

I nodded with a smirk, "Everyday. All they see when they look at me is Skaikru... I'm working hard to change that. Have you been checking me out?"

"You're good with the bow. You should lose the sword."

I nodded and pulled my jacket over my shoulders. Training everyday definitely made my body ache in ways I never had before, but I was enjoying their ways. Learning the language, their beliefs, all of it. I took a step over to the balcony and chose to over look the entire city. Polis was incredible. The ground filled with people and it was always busy. Some sold food, while others sold clothing or jewelry. It made me miss the mornings at the Ark. It made me miss all of them.

"Do you think about it?" I asked, "What you did at the mountain."

"Of course I do. It wasn't a decision I took likely." Lexa sighed, taking a seat on her thrown, "You've been on scouting missions. Should I even ask if you have gone to check on them?"

I shook my head, "I have. Just to make sure they're alive... all of the people from the mountain are gone. Wanheda has that effect."

"Have you found her?"

"Not in months..." I scoffed, "We won't find her until she wants to be found."

At that moment Indra made an appearance in the chambers. She was speaking about a meeting she had set up with people from the Ark. With my father to be exact.

"I thought Lucas might enjoy having a moment with his father. I felt as though he earned it." Indra stated, giving me a look.

Lexa nodded in agreement, "I trust you will come back. If this is something you wish for, you have my permission to do it."

"What if I skip the reunion with my father and just simply visit the Ark? We can pretend that I am making sure that they are holding a truce?" I smirked.

Lexa let out a laugh, "Very well. I expect you to return once it is done."

***

I slowed my horse the closer I got to the gate. There was chattering from within, and I knew it was directed at me. The gate opened and I didn't see any familiar faces but I didn't expect to. I knew Clarke wasn't here. Bellamy was probably off on a mission. Raven was more than likely working on some new invention or machine. As for Octavia, you never really know.

My luck, that was the first familiar face that came into view; Octavia. She was cleaning and brushing her horse beside the stables. I didn't say anything when I joined her, I just simply slid off my horse and took a place beside her. Her eyes finally met mine, and I couldn't tell if she was happy or pissed.

"Shocked you came back. I wouldn't have." She scoffed, "I also wouldn't have abandoned my people."

"I didn't abandon you. It just makes more sense there, Octavia. I think you get that because you feel it too."

She hesitated, "It still hurt coming back to see if you were alive only to find out that you weren't coming back."

"I'm sorry." I replied, "I'm here now."

"Yeah? For how long? Are you just checking in to see how we are and then going back to the commander? Maybe you're here for Lincoln. There's a kill order on him but I am sure you knew that." She pushed me back.

"Octavia, I'm the one that let him go! Does that count for anything?" I pleaded.

She shook her head, "Ask Raven. Ask Bellamy. Ask all of us that were your friends. Leaving with the grounders I can understand... but no goodbye?"

"Are they here?" I scoffed, "I'll go talk to them."

"I've seen you scouting, Lucas. You may be training, but you still have a lot to learn."

I smirked, "Maybe I wanted you to see me."