1x10

We spent the first part of the day scavenging the crash site. Most of what we found were burnt corpses and lingering ship parts. The group came searching for a reason why the ship crashed; while Clarke and I came out here for answers. Our parents were supposed to be out here. A part of me was hopeful to see my father again. Now, I felt like a fool for having wishful thinking.

"Stay sharp! Grounder retaliation for the bridge will be coming!" Bellamy ordered.

"Can you blame them?" Finn scoffed.

"No, I blame you."

"Can you guys just shut the hell up? Who cares who is at fault... it happened. It's done. Grounders are gonna come. We just need to be ready... We're on our own now." I sighed, looking over the crash site more.

"Wait! Clarke, stop!" Raven shouted, making her way to Clarke.

"Rocket fuel?"

"Yeah... insanely unstable in liquid form. We need to clear the area." Raven suggested.

"Okay then. Get in formation! No stragglers, weapons hot! We need to make it back before dark." Bellamy ordered once again.

I made my way to Clarke as we headed home, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry..." I sighed.

"Me too..."

***

"What the hell do you mean Murphy is back? Did you shoot him?" I scoffed.

"I tried! Clarke suggested we don't!" Bellamy sighed, "She wants to figure out what he knows AND THEN banish him."

"Didn't we already banish him once? Do you see how that worked out?" I laughed.

"I know. But, you know how persuasive she is."

"I do indeed." I nodded.

Our small moment of bonding was interrupted by commotion going on in the drop ship. We quickly ran inside to see Murphy vomiting everything in his body, and Clarke's eyes seemed to be stained with blood.

"Stay back." Clarke warned.

"Did he do something to you?" Bellamy questioned. "What the hell is this?"

"Biological warfare. This is the grounder retaliating. They let him go so he would make us sick. Murphy is the weapon." Clarke advised.

"So, what do we do? How do we prevent anyone else from getting sick?" I asked, covering my mouth with a cloth. "So, Murphy you're helping the grounders now?"

"I didn't know... "Murphy groaned.

"Quarantine. Anyone who had contact with Murphy you need to bring them in here." Clarke ordered.

"And the people they had contact with?" Bellamy asked.

"It's a start. Connor, who else was there? Who else touched him?"

"The first one there was Octavia."

***

After awhile, another body was dragged out due to the illness. Bellamy tried to get in to see Octavia, only to find out that she has left to get a potential cure from Lincoln. Bellamy started to storm off, but he was blocked by another person who was infected. Slowly, more people began to fall ill and the rest began to panic. Guns were being aimed and others were shouting. Chaos began to break out. The panic stopped when Clarke fired 3 bullets.

"Don't you see? This is what the grounders want. If we kill each other, then they wont have to."

"Hate to point out the obvious, but quarantine or not, people are still getting sick." I stated.

Before any more words could be said, Clarke's eyes seemed to roll back and she went to fall... but Finn was there to catch her. I quickly looked at Raven only to see she was displeased. Would he hesitate had it been her?

"We just need a cure." Clarke sighed.

"There is no cure!" Octavia shouted, "But the grounders don't use the virus to kill."

"Really?" Bellamy scoffed, "Tell that to them! I warned you about seeing that grounder."

"Yeah... I have a warning for you, too. The grounders attack at first light."

People mumbled to each other under their breath, and most of them were afraid. Octavia followed Finn and Clarke into the dropship.

I sighed and turned to Raven, "How many rounds can you have ready by morning?"

"Wait," Finn said, immerging from the dropship, "What if we could slow them down? With a bomb?"

"A bomb? What the hell are you trying to blow up?" I asked.

"Murphy said on his way here he crossed a bridge. He's also already feeling better... so we just need more time. Blow the bridge, then we have more time." Finn informed.

"That bridge held through a nuclear war and 97 years of weather..." Bellamy rolled his eyes.

"It won't survive me." Raven smirked.

***

We had begun filing people into the dropship, in hopes that they would leave once they didn't see anyone to kill. We didn't exactly have hope for Finn and Jasper to make the shot. Just as we were almost done, a loud boom filled the air followed by a cloud of dark smoke.

"No way..." I laughed.

"They did it." Bellamy nodded.

Later on when they returned, Jasper and Monty were full of smiles and the rest of camp cheered them on. My eyes wondered to behind them, seeing Finn carrying a sick Raven.

I made my way passed Finn to check on Raven, who was asleep. I took a seat beside and glanced over her to make sure she was actually breathing. Don't worry, she was. I took a sigh and slowly reached for her hand. I didn't want her to be alone.

"Easy, hot shot." She spoke, her eyes still closed, "People might think you care."

I laughed and let out a breath, "That wouldn't be so bad, would it?"

Slowly, her eyes opened. She gave me a weak smile, only to close her eyes again and fall back asleep.