Season 3 Ep 12

I couldn't help but smile as Raven geeked out over Becca's notebook. The different A.I.s were the ones who set off the initial bombs that ended the world. I watched as they all started discussing the 'black blood'. Nightblood. The same blood that Lexa had. The A.I. apparently merged with the blood, to make the host one of us and able to understand our wants/needs. I couldn't understand most of it, so I turned my attention to Monty.

"Hey," I sighed, "You alright?"

"If Ali has everyone's mind in the City of Light... then she could still be alive." 

I bit my lip, "I think that depends on your definition of alive, Monty."

He let out a breath and gave me a nod, turning his attention back to the chip in his hands. I gave a quick look at Raven to see she was already looking at me. I gave her a small smile which she returned. Since Ali was no longer in her mind, she was giving more longing looks than she did before. I would ask why, but maybe when we were alone.

"We're here!" Bellamy shouted, opening the back of the Rover, "The gate is still open. Why would they not fix it?"

"Maybe they didn't care enough to fix it." Jasper scoffed.

I shook my head, "Or they're all chipped now? If Ali took over she would just want to move onto the next place, right?"

"It's like a ghost town." Clarke observed.

"Maybe we should just stop guessing and get in and out." Octavia replied.

I bit the inside of my cheek as we slowly approached the Ark. Slowly, I realized where I REALLY was and started to look around. I froze for a moment when my eyes landed on the single pool of blood on the ground. I clenched my jaw and turned to Octavia. She just shook her head and stormed off into the Ark. I felt a firm hand grip onto my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Bellamy sighed.

"The war isn't over." I shook him off and followed behind the rover.

We began loading gear as quick as we could in case Ali decided to return for Raven. Octavia and Jasper were getting Lincoln's book, I chose to join Bellamy in getting more weapons. The armory was clear of any threats, but everything was still here. Guns, ammo, bombs... nothing was missing.

"They just got up and left?" I questioned, "Does Ali really not think she would end up needing protection?"

"Raven says the City is forever... even after death. So, maybe since they're still there then they don't use guns."

"A world without the need for guns huh?" I smirked.

He gave me a scoff and told everyone over the radio to finish their jobs and then help us. As shocked as we were that it was all still here, we started to pack what we could.

Just in case.

***

Clarke came running and coughing out of the Ark straight into Bellamy's arms. We both rushed to her and were confused as to what was going on. We let her catch her breath before she finally stood up right and was able to tell as what was going on.

"Emerson..." She spoke. "He took Monty."

"Where is Raven?" I pushed, getting her to look at me. She didn't answer. "Clarke, WHERE is Raven? If he is in there we need to let her know. Where is she?"

"We left her in engineering with Sinclair." She sighed.

I scoffed and bolted to one of the doors. I was able to get in JUST as Sinclair started to shut all of the doors. Bellamy was able to reach them on the radio. I was about to meet Raven and pull her into my arms when the power went out.

"Lucas..." I heard Raven speak.

"Raven, shh. Don't talk or he can find you." I sighed, "Sinclair, can you get to the outer door?"

"On it!" I heard him reply, followed by scattered footsteps.

As he went to do that I tried to find my way to Raven. I was walking blind and feeling my way around the room. I was greeted by a weapon to my gut and then a fist to my face. I tried to get back onto my feet but an unknown force held me down.

"Raven! Get into the rover and lock the doors!" I shouted, getting hit in the face again.

I reached around me and found something to hit Emerson with. Just as I was able to knock him out, Raven turned the lights on to show the outer door. I felt Emerson's body get off of mine and I started to look around. I couldn't find him. So, I turned to the rover and saw Sinclair's body laying there.

"No..." I breathed.

I was slow to get up, only to feel arms wrap around my neck and tighten. I tried to claw and scratch my way out of it... but I couldn't. I quickly became light headed and was unable to fight him off. I lost consciousness.

***

I woke up slow, with a gag in my mouth. Obviously, not a desired position I wanted to be in. I began to panic as I looked around to see all of our friends also tied up and in the airlock. Raven was beside me, her eyes red and wet from tears as my eyes finally locked onto hers. Once again I didn't know if we were going to be dying or not. If we made it out, things would be different. I would be different.

Bellamy made his way into the airlock after Emerson put a knife to Octavia's neck. Clarke was the only one not here as she was forced to her knees while Emerson closed the door. We watched them fight outside, but not before Emerson pushed the button on the control panel.

The lights started to flash red and we knew what was happening. He was going to pull the air from the room and make Clarke watch as we suffocated. We all started to share looks with one another, and my final one was saved for Raven. I felt a push on my foot, and it was her placing her foot next to mine. We couldn't hold one another, so this was the next best thing.

Slowly, I could feel the air thinning as I started to gasp for more air. It felt like I was a fish out of water. I finally chose to stop gasping for the air and let my eyes fall closed. I couldn't keep fighting for the air that wasn't even there anymore.

As though I was just about to drift off, I could feel air in my lungs. I started to take deep breaths and coughing as the air entered my body. My first instinct was to turn to Raven to make sure she was getting air too. She was.

We all got our cuffs off and I pulled Raven into my arms while kissing her forehead. I could feel her heart pounding in her chest as we held onto one another as tight as we could. Once everyone was released, we made our way back to the bay. Sinclair's body was placed on wood as we were going to have a funeral for him. But, he wasn't the only one we were going to say goodbye to. Lincoln was with him.

We all watched as the fire grew around their bodies, sending them on their final journey. I felt Raven clinge onto me as we once again made our way into the bay. Others loaded up the rover, while others chose to stay. Myself included.

"I'll keep her safe." I winked, getting a nudge from Raven.

"Keep yourself safe, too." Bellamy smirked, giving me a quick hug.

I said my goodbyes to the others, until Octavia made herself known. At first, we just shared a gaze until she made her way towards me. Her eyes were still red from finally getting her goodbye with Lincoln. I was unsure if she would be hitting me again, or just looking away. To my surprise, she stepped closed.

She hugged me.

She forgave me.