Season 3 Ep 3

"She even prefers the enemy's language." The Ice Nation scoffed.

I smirked, "Is our language too complex for you to understand?"

"Enough." Lexa warned. "We all will speak it in honor of our guests this evening."

"Speaking of. Why is Wanheda still alive? If this is your weakness again, Azgeda will be happy to step in."

"Is that why your army is moving on Polis?" I questioned.

He smiled, "Military exercises."

Lexa gave me a nod and I returned it, "Enough talk. Consider me the messenger for the Commander. Come join me out here, there is a message we ask to give to your Queen."

The Azgeda member nodded and followed me onto the deck over looking the capital. He had a sly smile on is face as he claimed he would be happy to deliver any message we have for the queen. I nodded at him and gave him another smirk, getting the assuring nod from Lexa. My smile grew stern as I kicked my foot into his gut, causing his screams to fill the air and followed him all the way down until he met the cement at the bottom.

I let out a breath and made my way back into the chambers as I looked between the rest of the grounders in the room. I took my place beside Lexa again and let yet another smile on my face.

"Would anyone else like to question the Commander?" I stated.

***

"You're still just as stubborn as I remember." I stated, bringing Clarke her food.

"What part of I don't want to see you is so hard to understand?"

I sighed, "Clarke, we can fight over this for days if you would like. Will that make you feel better?"

"You know what would have made me feel better?" She scoffed, "Your help at the mountain. Lexa's help at the mountain."

"I know. She regrets it, Clarke. We all do. But, turns out you didn't need our help anyway." I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"Is it too far fetched to say that I missed you and I wanted to see you?" I smiled, "Come on, Clarke. Are you really gonna hold this against me for all of us? You kissed the enemy long before Mount Weather."

"She told you about that?"

I let out a laugh and took a bite off her plate, "She has told me a lot! Some of it you might wanna know if you lighten up a bit. Plus, isn't it your thing to pretend to be an ally and then stab them in the back?"

She gave me yet another glare, "You are mistaking me for Lexa."

We shared a gaze before there was a knock on the door. Indra and two other guards entered the room, all looking at me. Indra motioned for me to follow her, so I gave Clarke one more look before leaving. I was led farther away until we were on the ground level. She pulled my out onto the streets and nodded in the direction of the markets. My eyes finally landed on what she was trying to tell me.

"My father." I nodded and clenched my jaw.

"Something tells me he is no longer the man you grew up with." She advised, motioning for me to follow, "Kane!"

My father smiled and took ahold of Indra's arm, "Hello, friend."

"Chancellor Griffin, welcome to Polis." I smiled, getting a hug from her.

My father and I paused as we made eye contact with each other before he couldn't contain himself. He nodded and pulled me into a quick hug. He released quickly, but kept a firm hold on my shoulders.

"It's good to see you, son." He said softly.

***

"There's new terms to the agreement." Clarke stated, joining myself, Abby, and my father.

"Is this because of Mount Weather?" My father questioned.

I shook my head, "It's the Ice Nation. They want Lexa dead, and if Lexa dies then you can kiss the alliance goodbye. The Ice Queen is not one to make allies."

"So, what are the new terms?" Abby pushed.

"Either become the 13th clan. Join the coalition and swear your allegiance to Lexa." Clarke informed, giving me a look.

Abby shook her head and scoffed, "So, we just follow Lexa?"

"You can either be the 13th station, or the 13th clan. But, only one of those options gives you better odds at survival. 13th clan means if they march against you, they march against Lexa." I shrugged.

"Marcus..." Abby sighed, "What do you think?"

"I think we need to do it." He agreed. "We become the 13th clan."

"Does now work for you?" I smirked, motioning for them to follow me.

We made our way into the room where the other advisors waited for us to join them. Lexa was at the front of the room and we now waited for Clarke to join. She was to bow before Lexa, showing that the power of Wanheda was with Lexa.

The ceremony started, and someone from Skaikru had to bare the mark of the coalition. Abby elected my father, and he was happy to accept. He lifted his arm as I pushed the hot iron onto his forearm. Just then, the ceremony was interrupted when Bellamy, Octavia, and Pike stormed the room with guns ready.

"This is a trap!" Bellamy shouted.

I scoffed and took a hold of him, "What the hell are you doing?"

"There's an assassin here! The ceremony is a trap." He repeated.

"Where did you get this information?" Lexa growled.

We all looked around, but Bellamy and Octavia were more concerned. They spoke about someone named Echo. They got the information from her. Just like that, Raven came over the radio saying that Mount Weather had been attacked. All of them were gone. All but Raven and Sinclair. I could hear the pain in Raven's voice, and I wanted to go there. I wanted to avenge all of them.

"We should go back to Arkadia... they could be next." Abby stated.

"I agree." My father nodded.

Lexa nodded, "Go. Indra and Lucas will escort you."

I turned back to her, "Are you sure?"

"Of course you look to her for permission." Bellamy scoffed.

I clenched my jaw and shoved him back, "I get what I did was wrong, Bell! But I was not the only one that left you."

My father took a spot between us, pushing us to leave. Finally, I shook my head and decided that whatever friendship we had built was gone when I left the mountain. What mattered now was getting back to Arkadia and defeating the Ice Nation.