Season 4 Ep 2

"How's the problem going?" I sighed.

Raven shook her head, "I don't know... I don't know how we can fix this or slow this down. There's no magic button to turn off the meltdown. We just have to ride out the radiation."

"So, basically... we have to find a place big enough to outlive the radiation for all of us?"

"This isn't just about us anymore, Lucas. Roan is apart of this, too."

"We're including Grounders now, too?" Bellamy scoffed. "If we tell everyone about the radiation... Roan falls and the Grounders are at our gate."

I smirked, "Why are you so afraid of them, Bell? They are no different than us." 

"Shut up." Monty interrupted, "Think! Alpha station survived YEARS with radiation. We're standing in our viable solution!"

"So, we just seal up the ship? How do we feed everyone and what about water..."

"Do you forget how we managed crops?" Monty scoffed, slightly offended.

I smirked, "Farm Station."

"So, we go there and get the machine, right? Let's get a group and head out. Lucas, you in?"

I paused a moment and paused at Raven. I wanted to talk to her, she was my priority. Especially now when we could be dead soon. "I'll stay here. Got a ship to fix, right?"

"I'm staying, too." Clarke agreed, "The Ark is only Plan B... we need to work on a plan for EVERYONE."

***

I was working outside, lifting and carrying metal or whatever else we could use to fix the ship. It was mostly busy work for me. But, we had a lot of work to do. We had to get a somewhat organized plan going. I decided to take a break and headed inside, to see a GREAT trio chatting. Raven, Clarke... and Jaha.

"What's going on here?" I sighed, wiping down with a towel.

"Jaha was just offering his help to fix the ship." Raven scoffed.

I swallowed hard and sent him a glare, "Why would we want his help when we BROUGHT the City of Light here? You know he made Raven cut her wrists right? In an attempt to chip your mom?"

"Yes, and those are my sins. I have to live with them." Jaha said, slyly.

I threw my towel on the ground and clenched my hands around his neck. I had so much anger, that it felt like it was being amplified. It was like time slowed down while I was on top of him. I felt two pairs of hands attempt to pull me off, but it was no use.

"Lucas, enough!" Raven shouted, "He's gonna help by sorting scrap metal."

I put in one last squeeze before I lifted him up and watched as he brushed himself off. He didn't come back at me, nor did he choose to say anything else. He sent Raven a nod, accepting his newly assigned task, and he left. Clarke made her way elsewhere, too. Leaving Raven and I alone.

"You know, I am pissed too... but it doesn't mean I need to lose my cool to make that known." Raven sighed, getting ready to walk away.

"Was Alie right?" I blurted out, "Alie used Jasper to tell me that you were still afraid of something. Was she toying with me?"

Raven didn't turn around right away. Eventually, she did turn around but she didn't look me in the eyes right away. In fact, it was the last thing she did. That's when I knew Alie was right. I mean, she was in Raven's head after all.

"What're you afraid of, Raven?" I sighed.

She shook her head and looked away, "You."

I questioned her, "Me?"

"Look at you, Lucas. You look more like a Grounder everyday. And what you just did today to Jaha... you're acting like them now, too! What's next? Are you gonna strap someone who was accused of something and cut them like Lexa did?"

I shook my head, "I would never hurt you, Raven. I wouldn't hurt anyone that didn't deserve it."

"I know that..." She sighed, "But I am afraid of what you'll do."

"You're acting like I am a monster, Raven!"

"The Grounders ARE monsters, Luke!

"So, you see a monster when you look at me?" I scoffed.

She let out a sigh, "No. But I am afraid of you BECOMING one."

I shook my head in disbelief. I took a few steps away from her to see if she'd take steps towards me... she didn't. Finally, I nodded my head and turned my back on her. If a monster was what she saw... or what everyone saw... then maybe I should start living up to their expectations.