2x7

Clarke finally made her way back and quickly made eye contact with both me and Octavia. Before a greeting could even be made, Lincoln made a jolt towards us and growled. He was pulling and banging on the chains, pushing for a way out. It was as though the louder he screamed, then it was how hard he decided to pull.

"I can't believe we're back here again..." Clarke sighed, overlooking him in disbelief. "We knew they were controlling the reapers, but we had no idea they were creating them."

"Imagine what our friends are going through." I added.

"Can you help him?" Octavia asked.

Clarke shook her head and looked back towards Lincoln. Her eyes were looking over his body in hopes of finding a solution. Lincoln began to have a seizure while pulling on the chains. I think it made her even more confused as she lowered her light and landed on the bullet wound of his leg.

"What happened to him?"

"I shot him." Octavia spoke sternly, tears forming in her eyes.

"We have to stop the bleeding." Clarke informed, approaching him, "Wait, shine the lights on his neck?"

"Are those needle marks?" I questioned, "So, he's being drugged?"

"Maybe." Clarke shook her head, "Either way, we need to address the bullet hole first."

We nodded and made our way to Lincoln just in time for him to break the chains on his arms. He threw Octavia back as Bellamy and I attempted to free Clarke. Once she was free, Lincoln gripped onto Bellamy's neck and threw him back. I reached for one of the guards shock weapons and charged back at Lincoln. He got the best of me as he ducked under my first attempt and slammed me onto the ground. He sent blow after blow to my face before wrapping both of his hands around my neck. I was gasping for air and trying to break his hold, but I failed. He was too strong. Just as things began to get blurred, one of them hit him to get his attention off of me and then sent another blow to his head; leaving him unconscious. I rolled over as air filled my lungs to meet Octavia.

***

I rubbed my neck as I watched Octavia attempt to give him water. Bellamy made sure that his new restraints were tighter now that we had Lincoln on the ground. Once I turned my attention back to Octavia, Lincoln attempted to bite onto her hand which caused her to spill the water. I could tell she was hurt and scared. She just shook her head and got up to leave the drop ship. I took a stand between her and the ladder.

"He'll be okay, Octavia. We'll find a way." I sighed, placing a gentle hand on her cheek.

"You can't protect me from everything." She shook her head and pushed passed me.

I let out a sigh as I turned back to Bellamy and Clarke. She was following in her mom's footsteps as she began wrapping his leg since she removed the bullet. Octavia returned soon after, with Nyko right behind her. At first, Bellamy took aim at him until Octavia and myself convinced him not to. He took a knee beside Lincoln as he looked through his bottles of medicines. Nyko mumbled something under his breath and let a single drop fall from his vial.

"Wait!" Clarke shouted, stopping the drop, "That's what they say before death. He isn't trying to save him... he is trying to kill him."

"Nyko. Is it true?" Octavia accused.

"Death is the only way." Nyko replied.

"We have to go!" Finn entered, "The camp is leaving."

In the blink of an eye, everything went south. Nyko charged at Finn as he attempted to choke him out. Octavia stood between Bellamy and Nyko in hopes of preventing Bellamy from shooting Nyko. I felt a hand brush onto mine and finally realized that Clarke took the guard's weapon from me before sending a light shock into Nyko's back. Everything paused for a moment as Octavia ran to Lincoln.

"He's not breathing." She cried.

Clarke began to do compressions and I pulled Octavia back from what was going on. I could feel her heart beating just as much as mine was. Just as I felt her squeeze onto my arm, Lincoln took a deep breath in before drifting off into what looked like a sleep. He was alive.

"How did you do that? He was dead?" Nyko asked in shock.

"You've tried to bring back reapers before? And they died like this?" Clarke replied, getting a nod out of Nyko.

"What're you thinking?" I questioned her.

"I know how to stop the attack." She answered, heading down the ladder.

***

"Where is Clarke?" I asked as Octavia and I were dabbing Lincoln with water.

"Trying to stop a war." Finn replied.

I nodded, "What do you need us to do?"

"Hold him down. We have to bring his fever down." Abby ordered.

I nodded as she injected him with some medicine. She told us to open his airway, wo we did. He stopped breathing and we began to panic. Abby began chest compressions, but eventually stopped. Octavia began to cry and pushed Abby out of the way to do her own compression. I let out a breath as I pulled her back into my chest and she took a tight hold of me and allowed herself to cry.

At that moment, Clarke came up the ladder with a handful of grounders behind her. I assumed one to be the Commander while the rest of them were part of her clan. I gotta say... they chose a bad time to walk in. Lincoln's body was lifeless and dirty, Octavia was crying and completely unaware of the new people who have come. They were ready to kill us all, so I did the best I could to keep Octavia out of harms way. We were having a standoff. We had our guns aimed at them while they had their swords ready. We all kept sharing glances with one another until finally Abby made the first move by pushing the shock weapon into Lincoln's chest.

"Hit him again." Clarke nodded.

Abby did as she was told and by some miracle it worked. Lincoln took in another breath and began to frantically look around. Octavia scrambled out of my arms and towards Lincoln, tears staining her cheeks.

"Lincoln." She smiled.

"Octavia..." He replied.