Season 5 Ep 8

"You two going somewhere?" Diyoza questioned, noticing our backpacks.

I sighed, "We thought we'd go out to the Southwest Quadrant. Map out a settlement."

"Do we need permission for that?" My father added.

Diyoza rose from her seat, "Yes."

"Why are we here?" I asked, irritated.

"I got an interesting call on the radio. From Clarke." Her eyes stopped on mine.

I shook my head, "Why would she radio?"

"I think she may kill the red queen."

"She'll get killed." My dad interrupted.

My mind began to race. Why would Clarke suddenly want to push for Octavia's death? I went over countless options... They were bickering, disagreeing. Only one scenario would cause Clarke to go this extreme. Madi. Something was going on with Madi that involved Octavia. A muffled voice on the radio broke the moment.

"Murphy." I smirked.

"We have McCreary. Give us Raven Reyes and you get him back. Unharmed."

Diyoza turned to me, "You know him, will he follow through?"

"He once chased a little girl through the woods just to kill her... Yeah, he will probably follow through." I shrugged.

"Colonel, if I may, without McCreary then his people become your people." My dad spoke.

Diyoza smiled and told Murphy to go ahead before turning to me, "Two problems solved in the same day. How about that?"

***

I entered the church and I was ready to talk to Raven. About everything. I wanted to put everything out into the open and then talk about what to do next. As I scanned the faces, she wasn't one of them. She wasn't here. I took a place beside Echo.

"Where is she?" 

"Vinson came and took her."

I scoffed, "You let her leave with a serial killer?"

"Sorry? Some of us are still collared." She retaliated, pulling on her collar.

I clenched my jaw, "Do you know where they took her?"

She shook her head, so I turned to the other faces and saw Shaw. I made my way to him and all he did was glare at me. I put my hands up that I wasn't here to fight.

"I just need help finding Raven. Where would they take her?"

"I don't know. She left with Vinson. My guess to see Abby."

"Abby? Why?"

He also shook his head. No one seemed to know anything, but this was the only lead that I had so I went with it. They had been keeping Abby in the home that Clarke and I were living in. The closer I got the louder, I heard screams. Raven's screams. 

I busted through the door to see Raven on the floor, with her shock collar active. Abby stood with the controller in her hand and tears in her eyes. I ran to Abby, trying to shake her out of whatever state she was in. But she looked right passed me. I ripped the controller from her hands, turned it off, and threw it to the ground.

I knelt beside Raven and held her face in my hands. She locked my eyes for a quick second before closing them. I scooped her up into my arms, once again ignoring the pain in my shoulder, and looked at Abby one last time.

"I'm sorry." She cried.

I shook my head, "You will be."

We made our way back to the church, and Raven rested her head on my shoulder the whole time. I gently placed her down on the bed and got ready to step away. She reached for my hand and pulled me back. She wanted me to stay. 

Echo joined us, placing a soft hand on Raven's arm, "You'll be happy to know that I didn't kill your pilot."

Raven groaned and rotated to face her, "Promise me he won't suffer."

Raven turned back to me and played with my hands. I just watched her until her eyes finally met mine once again. It seemed to be our thing. We didn't speak many words but we always held eye contact.

"You've changed a lot." She sighed.

"6 years will do that, huh?" I smiled softly, "There's a lot that happened."

She nodded, "Like Clarke?"

I froze, "Raven..."

"Don't. It's okay. I get it." She squeezed my hand, "Please don't apologize."

"Raven, I still l-..."

"Don't." She interrupted, "I do too but just, let's not do that. Not until we decide what happens."

I nodded, "There's a lot to talk about."

"Better get to talking then." She replied.