Season 5 Ep 11

We were hidden in a cave within the woods. Prepping for who knew what. I sat watching Raven as she worked, I couldn't help but smile at her. She gave me a look when she caught me staring.

"What?" She smiled shyly.

I smiled wider, "Just watching you again. I can never get used to is... it's like there is nothing you can't fix."

"Except my leg." She replied, giving Murphy a side eye.

Murphy chimed in, "I mean it also took her 6 years to get us back to the ground. AND She couldn't crack those Eligius files."

"First of all, there was only ONE file I couldn't crack." Raven cleared the air, "And what the hell is taking them so long."

"We have a problem." Echo stated as she entered the cave, "They're not looking for us anymore. What does it mean if McCreary is relocating the supplies to the Northern perimeter?"

Diyoza was slow to rise from her place on the floor, but eventually turned to the rest of us. My father was also now listening in to the conversation.

"He would only do that if the bunker was on the move again."

"So much for blinding the eye." Murphy mumbled.

Echo sent Murphy a glare and then she earned a look from Diyoza as well, who was now shaking her head with a look.

"You played me." Diyoza nodded. "You hacked the eye in the sky, I am impressed."

"But, if he knows, doesn't that mean they know it's hacked? So, it's useless now?" I questioned.

Echo nodded, "Yeah, it means we failed. Let's get this thing going so we can warn Bellamy.

After some fiddling with the radio, we finally made contact with Bellamy to warn them about the prisoners knowing that they were coming. The conclusion that the only way they would have known is if Clarke had told them. Which means Clarke was there with McCreary. It was now our job to find Wankru a safe way in, and we had five days to do it before they run out of food.

"Clarke with McCreary?" Harper said confused.

"If it's true, I will deal with her later." Echo promised.

I rose to my feet, "You'll deal with her? How do you expect to do that, Echo?"

"Look, I don't know. But your girlfriend just told the enemy that our people are on the way and now they don't have a safe way in. So, you need to decide right now who are you with? Should I tie you up with your dad, or are you with us?"

I paused while I looked around the room. I locked eyes with what felt like everyone here. First Echo, then to Diyoza and my father, then to Raven. I thought of Clarke and Madi, trying to figure out reasons for this. For everything. I clenched my jaw and nodded.

"I'm with you."

Echo smirked and handed me a gun, "Let's go."

***

"You don't have to be a spy to know that this isn't a safe way in." Emori stated.

I agreed, "Its too high up and way too damn cold. They'll be seen."

We turned to get ready to leave but Murphy was inspecting their supplies that were laying around. He wanted more.

"Murphy, we aren't here to steal." Echo ordered.

"Easy for you to say, you already have a gun. Look, ammunitions box. All I am saying is they can't shoot us with what they don't have."

We all exchanged looks and agreed that as annoying as he was, he had a point. He made our way over to the supplies and Murphy was the first to jump up and reach for guns. He went to keep exploring only to be greeted with a gun to his head. I responded by taking aim at the prisoner who was taking on Murphy.

There was some back and forth conversation, but two more guards immerged, and one was holding the large weapon that basically vaporized people. I clenched my jaw as they had guns pointed at the others. At Raven. I turned to her and saw that she had some fear in her eyes. I bit my lip and lowered my weapon before tossing it aside.

Shaw then came out of the tree line. Telling the guards how heroic it would be to return their pilot and save the day. Stupidly they agreed with him and Shaw took on those two single handedly. I took a knife from my belt and speared the guy who was near Murphy.

"Yeah, " I sighed, "Shaw can stay."

***

"Four days." Raven sighed, "Fours we have had of chats and laughs, and tomorrow we go to war."

I nodded as I looked at the stars that filled the night sky, "Best to not leave things unsaid then, right?"

"I was mad at you, Luke. I said it was okay, and of course I understood, but it hurt like hell." Her voice spoke, shaking.

"I know... I know." I pushed my hands through my hair, "We thought you were dead. We had just try to get into the bunker and it was useless... we were alone. I was alone."

"And now?"

I turned to lock on her eyes, "And now I want nothing but to be able to kiss you. And only you. I have known that for awhile now, but I also come with a Maddi. A kid that includes some co parenting. I know that's a lot for someone. So, now what? For you?"

She scooted closer to me and rested her forehead onto mine. We froze there, almost as though we were frozen in time. She finally exhaled and pulled away to be able to look at me again.

"Now, I want you to kiss me." she smiled,  "And then tomorrow when we win this stupid war... I want you to introduce me to Madi."

"Deal." I smiled back.

She leaned in first, slowly. I held my breath in anticipation. Her hand gently reach up to my neck and finally her lips met mine. It felt like we were kissing for the first time all over again. I could feel our smile as we kissed, and I never wanted it to end. 

Eventually it did, and she rested her head on my shoulder while rubbing my arm. I let out a breath and looked back up to the stars. So much was to happen tomorrow, but I was excited again.

I was excited for what comes after.