Season 4 Ep 5-7

I was reading over papers beside Raven, sitting in silence. I think we were just enjoying the company and presence of one another. She reached for her head and groaned as if in pain. I leaned over and placed a comforting hand on her.

"Raven? Are you alright?"

"Yeah..." she sighed, wincing again, "There's just this ringing and I-"

She felt to the ground and began to convulse. I leapt out of my chair and quickly swooped her into my arms.

"Abby!" I shouted, "Abby, get down here it's Raven!!"

"She's seizing."

Within second Abby and Jackson were talking quickly to one another and helping Raven. She was injected with something and her body relaxed. I let out a breath of relief and felt burning in my eyes. I scooped her into my arms and pulled her into my chest. I lifted her and placed her onto 

"What the hell was this?" I asked, looking at Abby.

Before we could discuss further, Raven began to stir and open her eyes... locking instantly on mine.

"Luke." She smiled, gripping onto my hand.

I smiled back, "Hey."

"Something happened." She started.

Abby interjected, "Raven, you had a seizure. We did a brain scan and..."

Raven began to panic as she rose to her feet. I tried to stay as close to her as I could, in case she fell over again. She was moving so frantically and talking so fast that my jarhead brain couldn't even keep up. Her and Abby went back and forth about the solution and how they needed zero G to do it but no way to get to space.

It was at this moment that Raven talked to the computer and two large doors opened to reveal a rocket. There was no fuel, but we had some at Arkadia that would be enough to get them where they needed to and back. Raven was smiling wide, ready to go for a spin.

"Raven, you need to slow down, okay? Please." I pleaded.

Abby sighed, "He's right, Raven."

"Slow down?" She scoffed, "We have a rocket!"

"Raven." Abby started, "Your brain scan showed evidence of a stroke. If you keep pushing yourself like this I am worried it will get worse."

Raven shook her head, "Worse? I've been through worse, doc."

"It could kill you." Abby finished.

I stuttered, "It c-could... or it will?"

"It will."

I sighed and made my way in front of Raven, taking her hands into mine. She gave me a soft smile and a reassuring squeeze.

"I can't just sit around and wait to watch everyone die. To watch you die. I can't do that." Raven spoke.

I let out a breath, "I know I know... I just..."

"You have to let me go, Luke."

I could feel the burn in my eyes and the pain in my chest as I nodded. I clenched my jaw as I squeezed her hands one more time and slowly backed away from her, letting her hands go. She gave me one last look before turning to the rocket.

***

I was in the office checking on Luna when I heard Raven screaming and shouting in the lab. We made quick eye contact and both ran down to see her punch Murphy in the face. Luna pulled off Raven and held her on the ground while I guided Murphy away. Luna was comforting Raven, so I turned to Murphy.

I shrugged, "What the hell happened? You alright?"

"Darkness can kiss my ass... She can have Raven duty." He scoffed, kicking his car over before storming off to the office.

I let out a breath and followed behind him, closing the door as I entered. I gave him a smirk and he rolled his eyes at me as I sat down and propped my feet up on the desk.

"What are you doing here?" He scoffed.

"She needs you, Murphy. she has been in there for HOURS. You gotta talk her out."

"Do you forget her leg? She hates my guts."

"That wasn't her talking, Murphy. You know that. So, how about you stop pouting and sulking... get back out there yeah?" I replied.

He shook his head, "Why don't you go out there? You're the boyfriend."

I smiled, "You're the bestfriend. She needs you. So, go be there. I'm gonna go check on Abby."

***

"Hey stranger." I smirked, taking Clarke into a tight and long hug. She didn't say anything, so I just squeezed her harder. "Don't blame yourself."

She sighed and looked behind me, "Is this Raven's?"

I nodded and crossed my arms, "Yeah. Your mom says if she rested... she'd recover. She's pushing herself and I can't get her to slow down."

"She'll be okay. She's strong."

"Yeah..." I sighed, "Anyway, Emori is going to come take you up to the house for some food and a shower."

"No, I need to talk to my mom."

I laughed, "I thought you might say that. She's up in the office, you can talk to her before heading to the house. But I would make it quick, you kind of stink."

She gave me a nudge and headed up to the office. It was nice to have the familiar face again. Especially one that never saw a monster when she looked at me. I followed slowly behind her, because I also needed to check on Abby. She wasn't well, and she knows it. She was just being strong for Raven, and she was trying to be brave.

***

"I'm not the only one feeling really awful about this, right? Even to a guy like him?" I sighed, watching Abby prep his arm.

"None of us like what we are doing." Clarke comforted.

"It's the only way." Roan nodded.

I bit my tongue, "And if this doesn't work? What then?"

Abby locked eyes with my for a quick moment before injecting the marrow into the man's arm, "If this doesn't work then we try our next option."