2x10

I stood beside my father as a group led by Indra entered the camp. He wanted us to have a gathering before we started to train. I never said it out loud, but I was excited to learn more about them. I wanted to learn their ways, and how they fought. The only person that seemed to feel the same way was Octavia. Maybe if we started to learn their ways, others would follow and we could all find a way to make this work.

I made my way beside Octavia while the last of the grounders made their way inside. There were mutters among both sides, not necessarily bad but not exactly good. A snobby guard tried to make a sly comment. At first, we ignored him. However, he kept pushing.

"I have my baton if things go south. I hope they do." He smirked.

"How about you just shove it up your ass instead? You'd like it better there anyway." I replied, catching Octavia trying to hide her laugh.

Our attention finally went back to the rest of the people. My dad began speaking about how we had to work together in order for us to get our people out of Mount Weather. That there was simply no other way. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Murphy having trouble with another grounder so I made my way over to them.

"Is there a problem? No matter our differences we have to find a way to get over it until all of our people are safe." I stated, glancing between the two of them.

"He was at the village." Murphy replied.

I turned back to the grounder, "We cleansed ourselves of that day. Now you need to."

"You're going to burn just like your friend." The grounder smirked.

I scoffed and sent a fist to his stomach and threw him to the ground, "On second thought, you deserve whatever is coming to you."

"Lucas!" My father shouted, "Until further notice, you are no longer a member of the guard!"

"Fine by me!" I scoffed, tossing him my gun and marching out of the room.

Octavia caught up to me, "What the hell was that? You totally lost your cool."

"That grounder had it coming."

"Lucas," She sighed, "You have to understand them before you can be angry."

I bit my lip and shook my head, "Octavia if this doesn't work out... Finn died for nothing. Something good has to come out of this."

"Something will... what did you expect from day one?" She smirked giving me a nudge.

***

"Impressive, isn't it?" My dad smirked, watching the grounders fight one another, "What doesn't kill them just makes them stronger."

I smirked at his sudden interest in the grounder's form of combat, "Why don't you jump in then? Maybe they'll choke some sense into you."

"You're angry about earlier. I understand."

"No." I scoffed, "You DON'T understand. That grounder you gladly defended felt the need to tell me that I was going to burn. Like Finn. So, hell yeah I took a shot. Because that is all we have been doing before you and all of your little puppets got here."

"Son, listen to me, I do understand why this is hard for you. But, in order to get the rest of our people out of that mountain we need their help."

I nodded, "Yeah I know... it was Finn's idea to make peace with them."

"Then do it."

"I plan to. But you, and the rest of the Ark? You have to find a way to understand them. Until then, we're just playing pretend." I replied.

"You know about them, don't you?"

"I know enough to know that once this is all over, we will probably go back to hating each other. If you REALLY want to understand them, start with Octavia." I stated, turning back to the grounders, "She could be the key to holding all of this together."

"Perhaps you could talk to her? Both of you could learn." He offered.

I sighed and looked back at him without replying. He was really asking me to spy on them to get information and to learn about them. Too bad for him, I will learn about them. Not for his benefit. Not for this alliance. Mostly because I WANTED to learn about all of it.

I nodded, "Yeah, we can learn about them."

***

I sighed as I took a seat beside Octavia, gently touching one of her wounds, "Really worked you over, huh?"

"I got my ass kicked." She rolled her eyes, taking my plate of food, "Thanks."

"Courtesy of our guests. Can I ask you a question?" I started, getting her to nod, "You chose to fight today, and you chose to keep fighting. You wanted to prove to the grounders that you had what it takes to be one of them... didn't you?"

She nodded again, "I wanted to prove I wasn't weak. It worked. Indra wanted me to be her second, to train with her."

I smirked, "Care to take a plus one?"

"You? Bellamy is gonna kill you for this..."

"Maybe... but maybe we can help him understand to, ya know? Maybe, we can show them all how to understand." I shrugged, getting her to smirk.

"You're serious. No games? You aren't tricking me?"

I shook my head, "My dad wanted us to earn their trust and respect... I just want to be able to get it. Lincoln isn't like them. I just wanna understand."

"Alright. I'll talk to Indra." She smiled.

"Let's be grounders." I smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys :)

How we doin!?

ARE WE EXCITED ABOUT SEASON 7 IN 10 DAYS BECAUSE I KNOW I AM!!!!!

Anyway, I am here today to bring an interesting offer to one of you if you are lucky enough to be selected. I recently did this in another book and I LOVED the turn out.

So, here is what YOU have to do in order to enter this lovely, mini competition.

I want you to comment (only once) a prediction you have that involves Lucas. It can be a relationship he has, a choice he will make, a person he could kill, anything at all. Don't be simple with it either, the more reasoning/backup you have with your prediction the better. The longer your comment, the better odds you have.

Now, that does not mean I want a whole novel either XD

Get creative! 

I will give it a few days before a winner is selected. But, what are you playing for you ask? Well, LET ME TELL YA!!!!

I will give you 1 of 2 options.

1: create your own plot/relationship FOR my book. That's right. You can bring your ideas into my ideas and we can make something dope together. Or, you can create a one night stand for a character that might lead to a long lasting relationship (your choice)!!

2: create your own character!! I know, how cool is that? However, this one will be the more complex of the 2 as you will need to do a lot of brainstorming and creative thinking for us to be able to pull this off as you will need a backstory for the character.

But, let's see those predictions first, shall we!?