Season 5 Ep 7

I woke slowly and let my eyes readjust to the new lighting. I went to adjust and felt instant pain. I quickly remembered what had happened and where I was. Well, I knew the general area of where I was... not specifics. I knew she wasn't here but I searched for Clarke. I exhaled when I couldn't find her. I missed her. I missed Madi. This was the first time we were really apart in the last 6 years. It would take some adjustments. 

I sat up and groaned. My entire body felt stiff and sore. A figure stood at the foot of my bed, offering a change of clothes and bedding. Cautiously, I took it from him and he gave me a nod which I returned.

"Take it easy. The doc will see you when she's ready." He stated.

"No." A deeper voice spoke, "He won't be seeing Abby."

I let a wide smile come on my face as my dad helped me the rest of the way up. I was weak. Tired. So, it was nice to have someone to lean on, especially my dad.

"Any chance Abby can help with the pain?" I spoke, reaching for a jacket.

He shook his head, "You won't be seeing her. You'll have to get through this one on your own. You are coming with me, though."

"Dad, what the hell is going on?" I whispered.

He helped with my jacket, "We're meeting with Diyoza."

I didn't retaliate. I just nodded and followed behind him as we walked along the buildings. It was odd being here as a prisoner, and not having it as my home. Although, a good grip around the neck on Diyoza could do the trick. We could come home.

"Hello, welcome!" Diyoza smiled, motioning to an open seat, "How's the shoulder."

"It'll heal," I stated, locking onto her eyes as I sat down.

She nodded and also took a seat beside my dad, "To the point I see. Why did you defect?"

"I wanted to see my father. I thought it was time to catch up." I clenched my jaw, earning a look from my dad that said to lighten on the sarcasm. "I also was living here for the last 6 years until you and your people decided to take over."

"You were here with Clarke?"

I nodded, "Yeah. We were alone here. We had a life. Now, I am a prisoner in my own home."

"Sorry to disrupt the honeymoon." She smiled once again and made her way over to me, "I trust that you won't be a problem."

I gave her a confused look as she fiddled with the metal collar around my neck. After a few moments, it was removed. I looked between her and my dad, and neither of them were concerned.

"Now, you'll still stay in the church. You just won't have to wear this anymore and you can move around freely. Act out, this goes back on. Are we clear?" Diyoza explained.

I nodded, "Crystal."

"Good. You can work with your father if you'd like. Or, we can find something for you to do."

"He will work with me." My father exclaimed, "At least until he is in better shape."

"Sounds reasonable." Diyoza agreed, "you're dismissed."

I gave them both one final look before excusing myself from the table. As I made my way back to the church I watched the prisoners here. Again I was feeling like this wasn't home anymore. I chose to ignore them and as I entered the church, the tension was filled. Two guards stood at the front just inside the doors, with another gay hunched over a table. It was the one from earlier that gave me extra gear. 

He now looked beat up and walked with a limp. The left side of his face was bloody and swollen. I followed his gaze over to two familiar faces who were filled with guilt. One of them locked eyes with mine. Her brown eyes were now wet with tears. It felt like I was seeing her for the first time all over again. It was as though we were ignoring everything else and just soaking in the view. She was the first to speak.

"Luke..." She breathed, pushing towards me.

I forgot the pain in my arm as I engulfed her in my arms, and she did the same. The longer we held each other the tighter our grasps became. I didn't want to let go. I just wanted to forget it all and stay right here. But the moment ended, as it always does.

"Sorry," Echo interrupted, "We have to think about our next move."

Raven scoffed, "If you make the decisions then we all will end up like Shaw."

"Let's all just take a quick breath... okay?" I stated, earning looks from them both.

Raven paused, "Where's your collar?"

I shrugged, "Apparently I get to play daddy's right-hand man."

Echo rolled her eyes, "Of course.