2x8

"So?" I sighed, "Is there a chance?"

Clarke nodded, and quietly replied, "Yes."

"What is it?" Abby pushed.

"They want you." Turning to Finn, "Once we give them Finn... then the truce starts."

"Payback... for the village. Blood for blood." Finn looked at the ground.

"That isn't an offer, that's a death sentence." Raven scoffed.

I sighed and took a hold of Raven's face, "Look, nothing is gonna happen to him, alright?"

"I promise." Clarke agreed.

Raven nodded and we all looked around as the crowd began to become panicked. The crowd was growing restless, refusing to die for the boy who wasted air back on the Ark. I grew tense as Raven started to throw punches at people. I reached for her and attempted to pull her back, only to get a punch of my own into my eye. I took a step back and only locked eyes onto her for a brief moment as the other guards pulled her away.

"Things are getting out of hand..." I sighed, turning to Bellamy.

"I know, we should get him out of here."

I nodded, "I think you're right. They're gonna turn on him. That's what our people to best."

"I'll go talk to Lincoln... maybe he has another option. Another way." Octavia stated, making her way into the Ark.

"You've talked to Lincoln... do you think there even is another way?" Bellamy asked, pulling me aside.

I let out a sigh and shook my head, "I don't think so. His stories... they're cruel. They have certain ways that they live by. It's gonna either be we lose Finn, or we fight."

***

I made my way to lock-up, walking straight to Raven. I just gave her a look, which she returned.

"Please, I am sorry. It will NOT happen again. Those people were going to toss him out to the Grounders." Raven pleaded.

I scoffed, "You think I would let that happen? You think Bellamy, or Clarke, would let that happen?"

"I don't know..." She sighed, avoiding my gaze, "No?"

"You have to trust me, Raven. You have to trust all of us. We can't fight through this without trusting one another."

"Okay." She nodded, finally meeting my eyes.

"I'm gonna let you go... but don't do that again, okay? Send another punch and I might just throw you over my shoulder and bring you back here. If that happens, I won't be letting you out."

"Okay, it won't." She smirked, running past me.

I made my way back outside and taking a place beside Bellamy. The grounders seemed to be chanting something, maybe a war cry? Maybe they were on their way and we should be getting ready.

"They're trying to scare us." Bellamy scoffed.

At the moment, Abby made her way to the gate and sent the two riders away as we were not going to give them Finn. The riders retreated back into the woods and caused us to take aim at the woods, waiting for some type of movement. There was slight movement just beyond the tree line.

"Don't shoot!" They shouted, "Don't shoot."

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was this real? He made it back. He was still alive after all. We made eye contact and I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips. He returned a smile and we quickly took each other into a tight embrace, not wanting to let go.