56. ALBANY

Kieran slowly slipped his arms out from under my legs. Pressing a kiss to my shoulder, he slipped an arm around my back and the rolled onto his back. A low moan fell from my lips when I felt his dick slipping out of my pussy. Colour burned my cheeks in embarrassment now that some of the high faded.

"Sev," Kieran rasped a greeting.

Severide cleared his throat. "I thought you were sleeping."

"Now what made you think that?" Kieran asked him.

There were a few minutes of silence which was broken when Severide spoke again. What he said made Kieran tense and ice race through my veins.

"I didn't know that you'd stoop as low as Thomas by trying to knock Albany up."

I sat up and stared down at him with a frown. Were they using me in some sort of game?

Kieran's eyes narrowed. "Don't look at me like that."

Shaking my head, I climbed off the bed and stormed into the bathroom. Gripping the door, I slammed it shut and twisted the lock. My eyes fell on the bath that was still filled with water when I turned around.

Swallowing, I walked over to it and pulled the plug.

"Albany," Kieran called as he knocked on the door. "I'm sorry. I swear to you that I'm not trying to knock you up like Thomas."

It wasn't all his fault. Just like with Thomas I got lost in the moment. Everything faded the moment they touched my body. Neither one of use were thinking.

"Do you want me to get you the morning after pill?"

Was if my imagination or did he sound pain when he asked me that? I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body before I unlocked the door and slowly opened it. Kieran straightened but didn't move away. For a few seconds we silently stared at each other.

"Do you want me to get you the pill?" he repeated his earlier question.

I licked my lips. "If I fall pregnant will you take responsibility, or will you leave me to handle things on my own while you pretend that you had nothing to do with it?"

Kieran stepped closer and reached up to cup my cheeks. Leaning down, he pecked my lips.

"I'm not like that," he whispered. "I'll take responsibility, baby, you know that."

"I wish I did," I muttered. "But we don't know that much about each other."

His lips parted but Severide interrupted us. "Kieran, can I talk to Albany alone for a moment please?"

Pursing his lips, Kieran stormed over to the wardrobe and pulled out a pair of sweats. After pulling them on, he stormed out of the room.

I glanced at Severide and then turned around to pick up my dress from the bathroom floor. I pulled it on before I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Severide sat on the edge of the bed staring at the wall but his eyes darted over to me the moment I stopped in front of him. He sat up and gave me a small smile.

"You look really beautiful in that dress."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why are you trying to suck up to me?"

"I'm not. . . never mind. Look, I'm sorry about this morning. It's just that I don't want you to get involved with the shit Katline got herself into."

"Severide?"

"Yeah?"

"You said you ruined fifteen years of Katline's life, what did you mean by that?"

Severide swallowed loudly and lowered his eyes to the ground. I was ready to walk away because I thought that he wasn't going to answer me.