BONUS CONTENT (CHRISTMAS BONUS)

6. ON THE EIGHTEENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME. . .

 ***Albany***

A gift was waiting for me on the counter when I turned around with a fresh cup of coffee.

Swallowing, I glanced around, searching for the person who had placed it there without me hearing. There was nobody within sight. A smile slipped onto my face as I placed the cup down and pulled the present closer.

I hesitated a few seconds before I picked it up and tested the weight. Placing it down again, I ripped the wrapping paper and threw it aside. Pulling the top of the box off, I pushed the tissue paper aside and gasp as what I found inside.

Colour flooded my cheeks as I inspected the black bikini. Shaking my head, I picked up the envelope that was under it and carefully opened it. There was an invitation inside.

***To Albany Wolfe

You are kindly invited to join Kieran Wolfe for dinner tonight.

Time: 20:00

Place: The pool side.

Dress code: The contents of this box and nothing else.

P.s. Looking forward to dining with you my wife. ***

Dinner next to the pool. It was hot enough to even go for a late night swim if we wanted. I pushed the card back into the envelope and placed it on top of the bikini before I closed the box. Excitement flooded me. I couldn't wait to see what he had planned for tonight or if the others would be joining us as well.

***

The smile stayed glued to my face throughout the rest of the day. When the clock struck seven thirty, I took a shower and made sure that everything was shaved every inch of my body that needed shaving.

I didn't bother with any lotion since it would was off if we went swimming, but I sprayed some perfume behind my ears and on my wrist.

The bikini was a perfect fit although it wasn't something I wouldn't have chosen for myself. After spending a few minutes studying myself in the mirror, I searched through my closet for a wrap and tied it around my hips. Leaving the sandals, I padded barefoot downstairs.

Voices drifted to me from the kitchen but I ignored my curiosity and headed straight for the patio.

"No, no, no!" A hand gripped my arm and spun me around. "Dinner starts at eight," Steven said as he steered me in another direction.

"It's almost eight."

He gently pushed me down on the couch and headed for the door. "Almost but not yet."

"Steven—" I sighed because he had already disappeared around the corner.

I debated on sneaking out to see what they were busy with but I knew that they'd catch me before I made it close to the pool. So, I relaxed against the pillows and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Until I couldn't stand it anymore. Getting up, I made my way over to the door and glanced around the frame to make sure that one of them wasn't waiting for me. The hall was clear and I didn't encounter anyone as I retraced my steps to the patio.

I froze in my tracks as my eyes locked on the table that had been set for two. Beyond the patio, the trees in the yard had been decorated with fairy lights that flickered. The pool lights were dimmer than they usually were.

"Are you this impatient when you're baking?" Kieran asked.

I glanced at him over my shoulder. "No. I'm only this impatient when my husbands plans things behind my back."