BONUS CONTENT

***BC: ALBANY: THE DAY THEY SHOWED UP, A FEW MINUTES LATER***

I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

They'd all changed during the years. God, all I wanted to do was jump them. I linked my fingers together on my lap as I fought the urge to reach out. My eyes once again lingered on Thomas. Between all four of them, he looked the happiest.

I glanced at Kieran and then at him again. Had they sorted out their shit?

I swallowed as I looked at Severide. He had a few more strands of grey hair at his temple, but aside from that he was still in good shape for someone his age.

My eyes darted to Steven next. He was leaning back in his chair, studying the menu with a slight from. Steven wore his glasses and he looked a lot more relaxed. Instead of wearing his usually slacks and button down shirt, he wore a simple t-shirt and jeans. He looked nothing like the professor he probably still was.

Kieran was watching me. I gave him a small smile as I studied him. He had more muscle and his hair was a little longer than it used to be. There was also something about him I couldn't put me finger on. He seemed different.

And finally my eyes fell on Thomas. Our eyes locked when he looked up from the menu. He gave me a wink before his eyes dropped to studied what was visible of my body. Thomas's skin was a few shades darker than it had been. Shock filled me when I spotted the flash of silver as he licked his lips. Was it what I thought it was, or just my imagination?

"Are you going to keep staring at us or are you going to say something, cupcake?" Severide asked softly.

I swallowed. "I don't know what to say."

"You don't have a list of things you wanted to tell us? Things you couldn't while we were separated?" Steven had lowered the menu and was studying me silently. "I have a few things I want to tell you."

"Like what?" I breathed.

His lips slowly pulled up into a smile but he didn't answer my question. We were interrupted by the waiter, anyway. He took our orders and then disappeared but the conversation didn't continue. Silence settled around us again for a few minutes before it was broken by Severide.

"Tell us what you've been up too all these years, Albany."

My eyes dropped as some of the happiness of the moment faded. I hesitated before I started telling them of what had happened soon after things ended. I told them about the letter I found and about Crystal's parents giving me more money. I told them everything and only stopped when the waiter brought our drinks.

I fell silent after I'd told them everything. Taking a sip of my coffee, I smiled across the table at them. "What about you? What have you been up to?"

Severide smiled. "Oh it's been the same old with me. A few more contracts and—"

"He's lying," Steven said. "Severide bought—"

"It's supposed to be a surprise," Kieran coughed behind his hand but I heard it clearly.

"I just returned from my trip," Thomas said before I could start asking questions. "I left a few days after I received your letter."

My eyes dropped to the table. "Where did you go?" I asked him.

"Here and there." Thomas sighed, making me look up at him. "Kieran and I have sorted everything out between us, baby. There won't be any fights again."

"I'm happy to hear that." I returned his smiled. "But I'm kinda curious to know why you've been fighting so much in the first place."

"We have a lot more catching up to do," Kieran said. "I was thinking maybe we could all have dinner tonight?" His eyes darted around the table. "It'll give us enough time to talk things out and decided how to go from there."

"Baby steps," I whispered. "Let's do this right from the start okay?"

They nodded in agreement. I was beyond happy to know that they all waited for me during the years just like I waited for them, but I was worried that things might not work out. It was clear that we'd all changed. We might not be as. . . compatible as we were before but I was willing to do anything possible to make things worked between all of us.

"Where are we going to meet and what time? As much as I would love to stay here I need to get back to the bakery." I took out my phone to check the time. "Megan's doing a great job so far but I'd feel better if I'm there to help."

"We'll meet at our house?" Steven asked as he glanced around. "Say around seven?"

"Great. I'll meet you guys there."