57. ALBANY

There was nothing more refreshing than having a glass of freshly made lemonade on a hot day. The place was buzzing with people which was supposed to be great but I honestly just wanted a five minute break to catch my breath.

I wasn't complaining, honestly, but my feet were killing me.

"Hey Albany."

Lowering the glass, I turned to face Megan who had just entered my office. She'd only just started working at my bakery and I already loved her. Megan was the youngest between the three of us but she had a big head on those slim shoulders of hers. She knew what she was doing and a bonus was the fact that she actually knew how to bake.

"What can I do for you?" I asked her.

Colour flooded her cheeks when our eyes locked. "There are no more brownies left."

"Try to get them to buy the muffins or something else that's similar to the brownies."

She clasped her hands together in front of her body and gave me a small smile. "I already tried that. The man's being very specific with what he wants. He said that he wants brownies."

Placing the glass down on the desk, I sighed and made my way out of my office and headed through the kitchen to the front of the shop.

After I ended things with them, I finished cleaning Crystal's condo. It was while I was busy with the last pieces of furniture that I discovered an envelope addressed to me. Inside was a letter that had me crying my heart out within seconds, and a document stating that I was the legal owner of the condo. Not only had Crystal signed her condo over to me, but she also left me a generous amount of money to start over.

I had to get rid of all the furniture because she wanted me to make it my home.

The weeks that followed after it all were hectic. I got to meet Crystal's parents-well not exactly meet them face to face. Their lawyer set up a video call or us. They weren't what I expected. As it turned out, her parents loved her very much and it was because of their love that they send her to live with her grandmother, but let's not get into that right now.

As it turned out, Crystal had contacted her parents when she was first diagnosed with cancer. She told them about me and my bakery and dreams.

They claimed since I was such a great friend to her and because I looked after her when they couldn't, they wanted to give me something but they didn't know what. When the lawyer contacted them to inform them of the condo and the money she left me, they knew what they should give me.

With the money Crystal left me and the money they gave me, I had enough to buy furniture for the condo, get myself a new car and open a bakery again. I had enough money to hire professionals to get things done to prevent everything that had happened in the past to happen again.

Four years later I had managed to make a bigger name for myself than I had with my old bakery. I was happy but there was something missing.

My men.

Shaking away the thoughts that always made me sad, I pushed open the kitchen door and stepped out into the shop. My eyes darted around the shop and pride filled me.

"He's over there." Megan pointed in the direction. "Wipe the flour from your shirt first and you have some on your cheek."

I quickly wiped my face before I glanced down. Rubbing the flour from my shirt, I made my way over in the direction Megan pointed at.

"Hi!" I greeted when I was within earshot. "I'm afraid we're out of brownies but I can-"

The words died down when I looked up and my eyes fell on the man who wanted brownies. My mouth dried and my knees weakened. I gripped the counter as movement from behind him drew my attention. I must've fallen asleep. I had to be dreaming!

"Are you Albany?" he questioned.

I swallowed loudly and struggled to find my voice. "Yes. How can I help you?"

He was even sexier than I remembered-they all were. Fuck, it wasn't a dream! It was all real. They were really here. Severide stood in front with Kieran to his right slightly behind him and the twins to the left. My eyes lingered on Thomas for a few second before they darted over all of them again.

"I need someone who can cater for me at an event this afternoon and my secretary suggested that I try your bakery," Severide said with a small smile playing around his lips.

Kieran leaned forward with a wink. "He's just fucking with you."

"Yes, we're actually here to kidnap the owner," Steven said.

"What would work best, throwing her over our shoulder and storming off before anyone notices or politely asking her to have lunch with us?" Thomas asked.

My lips slowly curled into a smile. "Either would work," I whispered.