BONUS CONTENT (CHRISTMAS BONUS)

CHRISTMAS BONUS CONTENT: 1. ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME. . .

***Albany***

"Why are you up so early, baby?"

I was jerked out of my thoughts by his question. Smiling, I lowered my cup as I turned to look at Kieran. For a moment I took the time to take him in as he poured himself a cup of coffee before I answered him.

"I couldn't sleep."

With his cup in his hand, he turned and leaned back against the cabinet, brows dipping into a frown as his green eyes darted over my face. Whatever he saw made him straighten and close the space between us.

"We've been married for six months," I said.

His frown deepened. "You sound like you're starting to regret getting married to us."

"No, it's not that," I hurriedly assured him. "It's just. . .it's almost Christmas."

"I know." Thomas placed his cup down on the island and reached out to finger a strand of my hair.

My eyes dropped to stare at the coffee in the cup for a few seconds before I looked up at him. I still hesitated but since our relationship was built on honesty, I decided that it was best to tell him the truth.

"I've never really celebrated Christmas. Crystal was there and we had a Christmas tree and all that but it never felt like Christmas. I thought that maybe we could celebrate it together."

"We still can."

"But Severide has the Christmas party." I narrowed my eyes at him when he smirked. "Aren't the twins going to their parents' house?"

Kieran's lips parted but it was Severide who answered as he entered the kitchen, fully dressed in his usual suit. "No, apparently they already have other plans."

I knew that their mother didn't approve of our relationship but the last time we talked it looked like their father was starting to accept it. Although they never talked about it, I could see that they miss their parents.

A sigh fell from my lips. "I want it to be only the five of us," I told them. "No strangers, no drama. Just us celebrating Christmas together."

"We've celebrated it together a few times," Kieran said as he nodded towards Sev, "but I don't think your vision of celebrating is the same as ours."

"I'm sure yours includes strippers and lots of booze," I muttered as I stood.

Kieran grabbed my arm and pulled me to his side as I moved past him. He was smiling down at me with amusement in his eyes.

"We usually just have a barbeque and a few drinks. We've never really exchanged presents or that kind of stuff." Leaning down, he captured my lips in a kiss. "But I'm sure we can make adjustments to celebrate the way you want."

A glance at Severide confirmed his words. They were willing to change things just for me. I could feel the excitement bubbling up as my mind raced with all the things I never had but always wanted to do.

"We don't have a Christmas tree," I said.

"I'll order one," Severide said.

"We don't have decorations."

He pulled out his phone. "I'll hire someone to—"

"No!" I exclaimed, horror washing through me. "I don't want anyone to do it for us; I want us to do it together."

Severide pulled a face as he pushed his phone back into his pocket. The excitement faded only to be replaced by utter disappointment. I knew that look.