Chapter 7

I scream as my wings are ripped from my back as the man with golden eyes laugh at my pain. I scream and scream until my voice is hoarse and I cannot even hear myself anymore. The man says something to me but I cannot hear what he is saying. I close my eyes and try to make the pain go away. 

"That is enough." 

I take in a deep breathe as I wake up from whatever hell I was just in. I struggle to catch my breath as I take in my surroundings. I finally realize I am sitting in one of the prison cells under the city in the mountain. My eyes widen as I take in my father crouching in front of me, he grips my chin and stares into my eyes. 

"Do it again." He says, I am not able to move as a blonde hair man stands in front of me, and smiles as he places a hand on my cheek. 

Pain like no other trembles through my body as my wings are ripped from my back. Slowly. I see the man with golden eyes smile, and then I noticed the blue eyed man standing behind me. I can barely make out the blonde haired man in the shadows but through the tears in my eyes, I manage to recognize him. I do not know where from but he looks familiar. He tilts his head in confusion as I look at him as I scream and scream in pain--I

"Bring her back." My fathers voice awakens me from wherever I just was. 

"What is happening?" I ask between shaky breaths. 

"I originally wanted to take your wings from you, but Priest Calan insisted that this would cause you more pain." My father observes my pained breathing, "And he was right, of course." 

I look to the blonde haired priest and pure hatred runs through my body at the sight of him. He reaches out for my face again and I flinch back. I crawl back all the way to the wall and when I cannot go back anymore, he lightly touches my cheek. 

"Child, you must know your place the Mother and Cauldron have given you. I cannot allow you to stray from this path." I look to him as he smiles at me and I feel laughter rising from within me. I shut it down--knowing what they would do to me if I dared laugh. Like hell I would let a damn bathtub decide my fate. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask instead. I vaguely remember my fathers spy finding me in the Valkyrie camp, and then I appeared here. 

"Do not act foolish, Velaris, my spy showed me his memories of you training with those abominations of women. You held their swords." 

I take a deep breath as I say, "You told me to get them to fight beside us--"

"No!" He screams at me so loudly I flinch again, "I told you to stand there and be silent while Cassian spoke to them. I was foolish to send that damned bastard anyway." 

"Where is he?" I demand, and my father observes me for a moment before looking to Calan--a smirk rising to his face. 

"I do not think our methods are working, High Lord, shall we try another plan?"