Chapter 38

"Are you sure we are the right place?" I ask Mor as we walk into a run down old manor in the human lands. We look around the manor as my shadows travel through all the rooms to alert us of any danger. "There is nobody here."

"They will be here." She reassures me, but she does not even sound confident in her response.

"They hate our kind." I point out and she just shrugs.

"It is their loss if they do not show up--we are helping free them." Mor says. My shadows alert me of a sudden use of  magic and I unsheathe my swords from my back as a group of humans winnow into the manor--already sitting in thrones. I stand still as a variety of guards draw their swords at me--and I realize it was because I had my swords pointed at the Queen's. I quickly sheathe my swords and bow my head slightly to them. I take in the seven women who sit on golden thrones surrounded my their guards--and a dark brown haired man that is wearing different armor than the rest of the men. There is also a light brown haired woman that stands to the man's left side, wearing a basic dress and a healers apron.

"Thank you for meeting with us." One of the Queen's in the middle speaks, I observe her golden brown hair and matching skin and take in how beautiful she was--for a mortal. I know that humans can be beautiful--but it was known that Fae were even more so.

"Thank you for having us." Mor curtsies to them, but I do not follow her lead.

"Of course, we are grateful that you are fighting for our kind's freedom." The Queen says with a smile towards Mor.

"We are supposed to plan our placement for battle with the two of you?" The brown haired man asks.

"Jurian--" The woman beside him cuts him off.

"Do you not think us capable of doing such, general?" I ask.

"Of course not, please forgive Jurian's straight forwardness--he just wants the best for our kind." The Queen says.

"As do we." Mor says to all of them, "Velaris has been trained as both a Valkyrie and an Illyrian for decades, she knows much about battles and how to plan for them."

"And you?" Jurian asks her.

"I am just here to make sure she does not wreck anything." Mor throws a wink at him and I cannot help but let out a laugh, which makes the Queen's look at one another. I do not know what powers they have--they are obviously able to winnow somehow but they also seem to be speaking with each other through their minds.

"We were hoping that at least one High Lord would meet with us." A red haired queen says to us.

"Well you received one of their daughters instead, if I will not suffice I can easily leave." I say to them. I had come here wanting to befriend the humans, but I will not hesitate to put them in their place. They should be grateful that we even came to meet with them.

"You will more than suffice, what my fellow Queen meant to say was that we just were not expecting you." The golden brown hair queen says, "My name is Andromache." The other Queen's begin to introduce themselves and then introduce Jurian, the General of the rebel humans, and Miryam--a healer in their armies.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you, my name is Morrigan and this is my cousin--Velaris." Mor speaks properly to them and I can honestly say I am impressed at how well she is able to portray herself--especially after what she had just endured months ago.

"Shall we get started?" Andromache asks with a smile, and I look to Mor as she looks to me and we both nod. "Good, now that we have met you and now know you will not cause us harm, we can move to our war camps--if you two are comfortable with that."