Chapter 51

"Yes!" I shout, almost jumping up and down at the sight.

The darkbringers and Illyrians look at me in confusion but I do not care. I thank the gods that must have been watching over me, The Spring Court broke their treaty with the Night Court--meaning I would not have to marry Tallisan. I then see my father and Rhysand fighting against the Spring Court soldiers, I watch from the distance as the High Lord of the Spring court whispers something to his sons, and they all look to the direction my father and brother. I swear as I take Tanwyn's shield off my back and winnow to the open spot where my fathers back was revealed.

A loud cling rattles through the battlefield as the High Lord of the Spring court's sword meets the Valkyrie Shield, right where he would have sliced my father in half. I lower the shield just a little so I can see the shock on his face, and it was so worth it. I look behind me for a moment to see my fathers shocked face too, he looks between the other High Lord and I before using his power to blast Tallisan's father feet away, Rhysand turns to also look at me and swears.

You had one job. His face seems to say, I wink at him. I put the shield back as Tallisan and Toran stalk their way over to me--wearing golden armor. I unsheathe my swords and smile at Tallisan, "So I guess this means our engagement is off?" I bat my lashes at him and pout my lips.

"After I kill you, it certainly will be." He snarls at me, sounding completely feral.

"Brother, don't you know you should not lay a hand on a female?" Toran snickers sarcastically, they both grin at each other.

"Oh, boys, you won't get a chance to." I laugh and then I attack. I do not think and let my instincts completely take over as I fight the both of them. My shadows guiding me as to where to strike and when to dodge their strikes. They start becoming sloppy as they become more frustrated that they have not been able to touch me yet. Toran lifts his sword to bring it down on me, but I strike faster and bring my sword up and slice it in the open spot in his armor right under his shoulder, he lets out a scream of pain as he uses his powers to blast me back. I fly back but manage to land with one knee and a foot on the ground. I look up as I land and see Tallisan trying to help Toran off the ground, my sword sticking out of his arm. I break off into a run and take the shield off my back again as I throw it as hard as I can at Toran's head, they do not have time to react and it hits him right in the temple. His eyes flutter before they close and he falls to the ground--unconscious. I keep running at Tallisan who is running towards me at full speed also, he lifts his sword up to bring it down upon me as I get closer. He begins to bring it down as I winnow to the spot behind him, I turn around and kick him back so he goes flying forward into the dirt.

He flips back around and bares his teeth at me, he tries to get up and fails as I stalk over to him. I smirk as I lift it over his body.

"Velaris!" Rhysand shouts a warning, but not in enough time as I am thrown back by a blinding light of power. A power so strong that it knocks the wind right out of me as I slam into the side of a tree. I slam into it so hard--it instantly splits in half and begins to fall the other way, I fall off of the tree straight into the ground. The High Lord of the Spring court winnows his sons off the battlefield in seconds and then winnows a few dozen feet from me.

"I am going to enjoy this." Tamlin's father laughs, I try to get up but my legs give up underneath me, still too injured from the impact.

"Osric!" I watch as Rhysand winnows in front of Tamlin's father, Osric, and begins to swing his sword towards his chest when Osric grabs Rhys by the neck and slams him into the grass. The ground shakes beneath me from the impact--Rhys does not get back up. I push myself onto my knees and begin crawling towards Rhys.