Chapter 60

We return to the House of Wind after spending the last few days at the cabin--Azriel acted fine in front of Rhysand and Cassian but I knew he was not okay. As soon as we winnowed into the house, he quickly found somewhere more interesting to be. I debated whether or not to go after him but Rhysand had asked for my help regarding what methods I would use to make sure the Illyrian soldiers stayed in line--even though the War has ended--since he would be leaving soon to meet our father at the camps. I quickly speak to him about what I would do and I quickly dismiss myself as I find myself back in the library.

I scan every bookshelf as I look for everything and anything about sickness's in Fae. There was so little written, and absolutely nothing regarding Azriel's mothers sickness. I scan through hundreds of books within hours and finally sit back in defeat when I realize there was nothing.

I refuse to believe there was nothing.

I continue to scan through the books as Rhys, Cass, and Az walk into the library--laughing at something one of them said. They look to me with their eyebrows raised when they take in how many books surround me.

"What are you reading?" Rhys asks, I slam the book in my hands shut. I watch as Cass begins scanning some of the bookshelves in boredom, and starts walking down the stairs.

"Oh, nothing interesting really--" Rhysand cuts me off as he takes the book from my hands and reads it aloud.

"Known Sickness in Fae ?" Rhys asks and looks at me with concern, and Azriel just stares at the book and slowly looks to me, I snatch the book back as Rhys continues, "Are you not feeling well, sister?"

"I am feeling fine." I make a face at him, before Rhys has a chance to reply--a cold gust of air comes up from the stairs and my eyes widen.

"Please tell me Cassian did not go down there." I whisper, and Rhys and Az both look at each other with their eyebrows raised. In response, I hear a horrifying scream and moments later Cassian returns sprinting up the stairs--drenched in sweat and fear.

"Cass, what's wrong?" Rhys asks.

"Why the hell did nobody tell me that thing lived down there?" Cass asks as he places his hands on his knees as he catches his breath.

"Oh," I let out a giggle, "You must have met Bry."

"Bry?" Azriel asks.

"Bryaxis." I respond.

"You know that thing?" Cassian's eyes widen at me, "And gave it a nickname?"

"Yes," I smirk at him, "He is actually very kind."

"Kind?" Cassian roars.

"Yes Cass-kind--I do not think that is a word in your vocabulary." I lean against the top of the book I was holding, "What did he show you?"

"I do not want to talk about it." Cass says as he quickly exits the library--looking like he was about to vomit. I let out a snort as Rhys and Az go make sure he is okay. I look down at the book in my hands and I freeze as I come up with another plan.

I make my way into the deep pit of the library and wait in the dark until a dark figure forms in front of me.

"Cassian is never going to want to come in the library again." I laugh.

Good. I do not want him here.

"I have a question."

I do not know what your mates mother's sickness is--or how to cure it. Bryaxis says into my mind, and it almost seemed like his voice was filled with sadness. But I may know someone who might. Someone far older and more knowledgable than I.