Chapter 65

"Shut up," Cass says to Azriel as they sit in the disgusting townhouse, having a glass of wine. "What do you mean you're in love with Velaris?"

"Can I make it anymore clear?" Azriel raises his eyebrows at him.

"Does she?" Cassian asks in shock.

"Does she what?"

"Love you?"

"I hope so," Az lets out a surprised laugh at Cassian's question. "I am going to tell her when we see her tomorrow at the camp, I was going to tell her before she left but she seemed so excited about something that I could not."

"I would say this was gross but," Cassian smiles at his brother, "You two were unquestionably made for one another." Cassian watches as Azriel smiles to himself as he takes another sip from his wine, and he realizes he has never seen his brother this happy in their entire lives. Cassian watches in confusion as Azriel chokes on his wine and grabs the edge of the cherrywood table.

"Az?" Cassian asks with concern, and he soon realized that Azriel was not choking. He was not choking because soon he was falling to the floor--screaming in pain. Cassian barely noticed the band around his arm fading as he stands up to go help Azriel--but is stopped when Azriel's shadows leave two envelopes on the table. Cassian reads the names on both of the envelopes and realizes it was not Azriel's shadows that left these letters. He quickly opens the one with his name--seeing if it would explain what was wrong with Azriel that would make him scream like that.

Dear Cass,

Thank you for being a second brother to me, I will never forget that, even in death. Because if you are reading this, it means I am dead. You know I have no fears, I do not fear death, I must get that from you. Never lose your sense of humor and having fun even in the saddest places. And never let those bastards tell you that you are less than what you are, because I know you will make the best general in history of Prythian. I do regret not being able to see you achieve everything you deserve in this world, but I know that you will.

Thank you for always believing in me, even when I did not believe in myself. Thank you for teaching me how to be a warrior and how to hold myself with confidence. You taught me how to love and be loved, and just know that you are my brother just as much as Rhys is. I am so sorry that your blood family did not want you, but I am grateful they did not because now you are my family and I am so thankful for that.

You would have been so proud of how well I fought back.

I will make sure Tanwyn knows how much you loved her, and make sure you make good choices because her and I will definitely be making fun of you in the afterworld. 

P.S: Do not be too mean to Bryaxis, he is just lonely.

P.P.S : Be nice to your future mate also, if she is your mate-- I can already tell she is going to be a badass.

Love from your sister,

Velaris.