Epilogue

Azriel watches his High Lord as he leans against the balcony--looking out to the city below. Cassian and Mor had fallen asleep on the couches but Azriel could not. He had not been able to sleep for the past year and knew he would never be able to sleep peacefully for the years to come.

The newest addition to his shadows give him a nudge to walk out onto the balcony--Azriel listens. He walks beside Rhys and leans against the railing, looking down at the city, and then up at the darkening sky. Azriel had never heard the city so quiet during Starfall, and he knew that every single person in this city was thinking of her. He wondered if she was up there--watching them and listening for their dreams to be answered.

"I am going to rename the city." Rhysand says finally.

"To what?" Azriel's heart stops in his chest—he already knew the answer.

In response, a bright star--brighter than any he has ever seen-- twirls and twists over itself, as if it were reveling over the news that was about to be announced. Azriel smiles for the first time in a year as her shadows begin dancing beside him at the sight of the first star of the night. That bright star was chased by another, and another, until the night sky was filled with so many stars that the whole city was lit up as if it were day time.

"Velaris," Rhys answers, "The City of Starlight—the City of Dreamers."