Chapter 54

"What the hell were you two thinking?" Rhys asks as Cass and I sit against the wall in the hall of the summer court palace--waiting for my father and the High Lord of the Summer Court come to terms about the building we accidentally destroyed.

"It is not that bad, Rhys, it was only one building." Cass points out.

"Yeah! It could have been two." I add, making Cass snort but Rhys just looks more angry. "They should not have kicked me out and this would not have happened."

"You should not have punched Eris in front of the most powerful creatures in Prythian." Rhys says.

"Then he should just not be an ass." I point out, "I do not regret a single second of it."

"Good." Rhysand's face softens and sits down next to Cass and I, "You had the guts to do what I have been wanting to for the past few years."

"I have always had bigger balls than you." I say under my breath and Cass lets out another laugh as Rhysand looks at me offended.

"I think they may be too big," Rhys points out with a laugh, "You manage to do things I would never even think to do."

"It is because I have the largest wingspan." I make known. I have never seen their heads snap so quickly to me--dismay was written on both of their faces.

"No you do not--" Rhys says.

"There is no way." Cass says at the same time.

"Would you like to measure them?" I raise my eyebrows at them, and they look to each other for a moment before shaking their heads. I smirk knowing the reason they did not want to measure them was because they knew mine were the biggest.

The doors open and the three of us stand up quickly--I hold my breath as my father and the High Lord of the Summer Court come out shaking hands. The High Lord narrows his eyes at Cass and I before shaking his head and walking away. I silently wait for my father to speak.

"From now to forever, the two of you are banned from the Summer Court. If you step one foot in this court then they are allowed to kill you with no repercussions." My fathers speaks as if he was not even angry at us.

"I did not care for the food here anyway." I mumble and my father walks away without saying anything else. Azriel walks out of the room they just came from and my heart warms at the sight of him.

"So?" Cassian asks Rhysand and Azriel. I look to them and listen as they explain the Treaty that was made. A wall will be put up separating Prythian and the humans lands so they will be protected from us--and they will not bother us. My hearts drops for a moment when I realize that means I will not be seeing much of the humans anymore--at least they were safe. Rhysand begins to explain that Miryam and Drakon would be leaving in a few months to go free the humans from The Black Land.

"I will be joining them." I say, and everybody looks at one another before looking at me.

"Drakon has plenty of soldiers--this is not our fight." Rhysand tells me.

"This was not the Valkyrie's fight but they still fought in this war," I point out, "I am still a Valkyrie, and it is the right thing to do."

"You also need a break." Cassian points out.

"Well you said they were not leaving for another few months, correct?" I ask them, "There is my break."

"I will join too." Azriel says, and I look to him with a smile on my face.

"Shadowsingers," Cassian mumbles, "Always running right into the middle of danger."

We all let out laughs and Rhysand holds out his hands for us to take, "Lets go home."