Chapter 61

I return home and begin writing a letter right away. Hopefully Helion finds my letter convincing enough to allow me to come visit his libraries. I put the letter in the envelope and send it out--I know when he sees it he will respond right away but I am too impatient to just sit around and wait. I go to find Rhys but I find him already packing his stuff.

"Are you leaving so soon?" I frown.

"It is only for a few months, and I already spoke to mother and she said you guys are going to meet me at one of the camps in a few days." Rhys explains as he folds a training shirt.

"Do I have to go?" I cringe at the thought of seeing all those disgusting males again.

"Some of them need their asses kicked, Velaris." Rhys points out.

"Alright, you have convinced me." I smile as Rhys laughs. He walks over to give me a farewell hug and winnows away.

I sigh as I make my way to the library--once again. I sit down and begin to write--I write for hours about the training and techniques of the Valkyrie--knowing not many have written about them. I know one day I will be able to revive the Valkyrie, but in case I could not, I would rather it be written somewhere for someone to be able to read. I spend the next few days writing in the library and only when my wrist and hand becomes almost numb is when I put down the quill and find myself reading a book about High Lord's powers. I went down into the deep pit of the library to find it--Bryaxis not appearing as I made my way down there. I almost fall asleep while reading it--but I get to a part where it speaks of how rare it was for the High Lord's powers to switch direct lineage's--like how it went fro Mor's direct ancestors to my fathers. I sit up in my seat when I notice there were pages ripped out in the book--I trace my finger down the page as I try to figure out why they were missing. I find the top of one page somewhat in tact, and I read the separated words.

The spell--transferring a High Lord's powers to second in line--

I stop breathing when I finally realize why these pages were missing.

My father was never meant to be High Lord.

He stole that power.

And this book held a spell that could steal that power.

My mother shouts from the hallway for me to finish packing, and I quickly shove the book into the inner part of my leather jacket as I make my way back to my rooms. I barely think--barely breathe as I finish packing. I do not even notice the familiar shadows that enter my room.

"Are you okay?" Azriel asks from the door. I jump at the sound of his voice and quickly turn around to smile at him, I let out a laugh when I realize how much power I now hold over my father. He will not hold anything over me ever again now that I know his deepest secret. I walk over to Az and take his face in my hands as I smile widely at him.

"I am beyond okay." I say to him, and he lowers his eyebrows in confusion as he smiles back at me.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I giggle as I zip up my bag, "Are you and Cass coming with us?"

"We are going to meet you guys there--we have a couple of things to do before we can come to the camps. We will most likely be there by tomorrow night."

"Good." I smile, I grab my bag and go to walk out of the door, but I stop next to Az and lean up to kiss him on the cheek. "I will see you soon."

He smiles as I continue to walk away.

"Velaris?" He asks, and I stop walking and turn around to face him with my eyebrows raised at the questioning in his voice. He looks at me and just smiles once again as he shakes his head, "Nevermind--I will see you tomorrow."