Chapter 64

Morrigan finds herself smiling to herself as she helps Andromache make dinner for the two of them. She grabs the pack of flour and begins to measure it into one of the bowls--Mor had always been horrible at cooking but Andromache tells her what to do

Mor discovered that Andromache was somehow perfect at everything.

"How did you manage to get flour all over you?" Andromache laughs as she looks at Mor's face, and Mor reaches her hand up to her face in confusion and manages to get even more flour on her face. Andromache laughs even more as she she grabs a rag and gently begins to wipe Mor's face--Mor had come to the conclusion that her laugh was the most beautiful sound in the world.

"Ow." Mor looks down at the arm Andromache was holding--thinking that she had pinched her somehow. Andromache lifts her hand from Mor in confusion and Mor's eyes widen as she watches the black ink disappear from her arm.

"What does that mean?" Andromache asks Mor with concern.

"I have no idea." Mor admits. She honestly had no idea why the markings would disappear from her arm, she knew that it formed when her and her family all made the promise to find their way back to one another and if it were disappearing that would mean--

Mor and Andromache both snap their heads around when they see shadows move on the counter--leaving an envelope in their trail. Andromache picks it up and reads the front of it and she looks to Mor in concern.

"It is for you." Andromache hands Mor the letter and she quickly opens it.

Dear Mor,

I have always wanted a sister, and from the moment you stepped into my life you fulfilled that role. You are the strongest person I know, and I regret not being able to watch as you grow into the amazing female you are going to be. If you are reading this, it means I have died, but know I will always be with you. Nothing is forever. Your dreamer soul with escape that horrible place in the Court of Nightmares, and you will be able to do whatever you please. Just keep pushing.

Never stop being yourself, Mor. And never be afraid to truly be yourself, you deserve nothing less than the entire world. Your future mate will be lucky to have you, and I know that he--or she--will be perfect for you.

Make sure the boys do not get in too much trouble while I am gone, and make sure to keep Rhys in check when he becomes High Lord. Remember everything happens for a reason, Mor, and you taught me that light can be found even in the darkest of places. Thank you for bringing me back to the light, even if you did not know it.

Make sure Rhys makes his mate High lady for me, and help him create the Court of Dreams.

P.S: Do not care about what others think of you, if you love someone, you go for it. Do not be afraid.

P.P.S: At least now you can wear my dresses.

Love,

Your favorite cousin,

Velaris

Mor does not give Andromache a warning as she winnows away--begins winnowing across the lands as her power fades at the abundant amount of it she is using. She does not take a break to breathe or regain herself as she continues to winnow to the Illyrian camp where she knew her cousin would be. Mor winnows straight into the camp, and find the Illyrian soldiers all whispering about something and they look to her with wide eyes.

"Where are they?" Mor screams at them, but they do not answer. She brings her powers to the surface--compelling them to tell her the truth.

"By the river." An Illyrian says.

Mor winnows one last time and lets out a sob when she sees her eldest cousin kneeling on the ground holding two bodies in his arms.

Only bodies--Mor realizes.

Because her aunt and her youngest cousin did not have their heads--or their wings.