Chapter 53- Listen!

NOT EDITED WELL!

My eyes fluttered open. The windows to the corner was open and sunlight peeked through.

My head hurt as I tried to figure out why I was here in the first place, here in the hospital. I sat up a little too quickly and winced.

"At least your awake," I heard from the corner. Roman was slouched over on a chair. His eyes were tired and worried.

I rolled my eyes and sat up straight thinking. "Where's my son Joseph?" I asked immidiatly looking around. Roman sighed and stood up walking over.

He reached for me but I pulled back.

"Don't touch me! Where is my son?" I asked again. Roman clenched his teeth and balled his fists. "You act like a bitch you know that right. Shut up and calm down. Let me talk before you run your mouth." Roman growled.

I pushed him away forcfully. My heart monitor was beeping like crazy because of how angry I was. This is the second time hes called me a bitch in the past two days.

"Get out! I dont need you here. I want to know what happened to my baby." I said grinding my teeth together.

"He's my son also!" Roman defended. I rolled my eyes. His nonsence irritates me. I pulled the IV needle out of my arm and bit my lip as the pain hit a little. I hopped off of the hospital bed and walked to the door.

"Adrian stop." Roman called. "He's still getting surgery. They've been there for the past 8 hours." Roman explained. My eyes widened and I clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Surg- Surgery?" I asked trying to find my breath. My knees began buckling but before I fell Roman caught me.

I felt my tears rushing to my eye sockets. I walked away from Roman and ran my hands through my hair.

"We just have to be patient and pray that he's okay." Roman muttered taking a seat. I sat at the edge of the bed and put my head in my hands.

"Where's JoJo?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Nikki and Brie are babysitting." He responded closing his eyes and sighing.

Soon after the door opened. An African-American nurse walked inside the room.

"Mrs. Anoa'I-"

"MS. Gonzalez." I hissed, cutting her off. Roman rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

"My apologies ma'am. How are you feeling?" She asked flipping through the pages on her clip board.

"Im fine. How is my son doing? Is he okay?" I asked. Her eyebrows rose but not out of confusion, out of worry. Roman sat up straight and concentrated.

"Ma'am I'll get one of the doctors to explain, I havent really bebinformed about his situation." She said. I sighed and Roman rubbed his temples.

As she was leaving, a doctor walked in and i instantly sat up straight.

"The parents or guardian of Aiden Anoa'I?" The doctor asked reading off of her clip board.

Roman stood up and held his hand out. "Joe Anoa'I." He introduced himself. She smiled and shook his hand introducing heself as Anna Williams.

She turned to me and pulled up a chair close to the bed.

"And I take it your the mother." She muttered. I nodded.

"Yes. How is he?" I asked. She sighed and pulled off her glasses, rubbing her forhead.

"What had happened was his airways became inflamed and began to swell ehich made it difficult for him to breath. As we reviewed our charts he was born as a premature is that correct?" She asked. Roman and I nodded our heads in sync.

"Has he ever shown signs of difficult breathing?" Williams asked. I scratched my arm as I thought.

"Not that I recall." Roman answered.

"When he was born he wasnt developed well, which is one of the major reasons why. The surgery was sucessful but he has Bronchial Asthma, which I believe you were told he might have later on in the future. We'll have to keep him for at least two weeks for him to heal." She finished off

~

"The least you can do is thank me for bringing you a change of clothes." Roman huffed as I folded the hospital gown and put it in the bag. I pulled on a clean white shirt and zipped up my jeans.

"I dont need anything from you. You brought it all on your own." I hissed. I looked around making sure I had everything.

"Be grateful for once." Roman sucked his teeth. I dropped everything from my hands and walked up to him facing him. I crossed my arms and cut my eyes at him.

"Your really starting to piss me off. You cheat on me, then you call me out of my name, ontop of it all I find out from Aj. As if that isnt enough you call me out of my name. I havent done any damage to your property like other people might do or gone after Aj but your hitting a nerve." I said as calmly as I can. Roman stepped back and ran his hands through his long black hair.

"You can be a stupid little girl sometimes! I have never cheated on you, but your so gullible enough to believe that. Your not even listening to me, but when the bitch you hate comes around spreading lies, thats when you want to listen? See how stupid you sound?" Roman retorted.

"Joesph im tired. I dont want this. You said it yourself, im a stupid little girl." I said keeping my voice firm. I slipped my ring off my left ring finger and handed it to him. He stood there shocked and worried.

I walked to the door and Roman quickly walked over blocking the door from me leaving.

"Get out of my way!" I yelled slapping his face. His cheek turned red but he didnt react by touching it.

"No! Sit down. You being so damn childish right now. We're about to settle this like adults." Roman yelled back. He reached behind him and locked the door