Chapter 42-Abnormal

Its been a week since Roman has been back to work leaving it be just Joelle and I in the house. Joelle's slowly starting to adjust to the living arrangents and it was great. I finally got myself a car to drive around. Roman insisted on me driving his Escalade but thats kinda too big for me.

It's the second week of August so school was back in session two days ago and Joelle was now in the 1st grade.

Its now Wednesday but getting up in the morning hasn't been very easy. I don't understand but its been stomach aches and morning sickness. I thought that was supposed to happen only early on in pregnancy.

But I have a doctors appointment at 9:00 this morning to clear up any questions I have.

Roman and I video chat everyday. It's kinda hard without him but I'm managing.

It's 8:00 this morning and I had just taken a shower and pulled on come black woman's cargo joggers and a grey 'You Mad Bro' hoodie. I just topped it off by grabbing my purse.

I was heading to drop Joelle off at school.

"Do you have everything?" I asked Joelle as I parked my Honda CRV at Lansing Academy, a private school Roman signed Joelle up for. She nodded as she slipped off her seatbelt. She looked so adorable in her little school uniform, a light blue polo shirt tucked in a Navy blue skirt. Her hair was in half a ponytail, she had on black and blue converse and was carrying her Hello Kitty back pack.

"Alright." I slipped off my seatbelt and got out the car opening the door for Joelle. She got out hopped out and grabbed my hand. I locked the car door and we began walking to the school.

I signed in at the main office and started taking Joelle to her class. As we walked in Joelle immediately dropped my hand and ran to some girl in her class.

"Maddie!" Joelle yelled and they began hugging and playing around. I smiled as her teacher Mrs. Waters came over.

"Hello Ms. Gonzalez." She greeted me as she handed me a clipboard to sign Joelle in.

"Hey Mrs. Waters." I responded signing Joelle's name and that I would be picking her up at 2:45 this afternoon.

"Wow. I can see that baby is growing." She commented and I smiled handing her back the clipboard. We made small talk for about five minutes before I had to leave.

"Adrian." Joelleran up to me and hugged me. I kissed her for head and cheek.

"I'll be back when y'all are done. Be a good girl for me alright?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Okay mommy." She said and smiled at me. I furrowed my eyebrows a little bit but I couldn't help the growing grin on my face. She called me mommy.

I'm flattered but I don't want her to think I'm replacing her mother which I'm not. I'll talk to her about it later.

"Alright baby." I smiled and hugged her. I soon left and got in my car still thinking about Joelle calling me mommy. It was 8:30 already and my hospital is about 25 minutes from here. My phone rang and I pulled it out looking at the Caller ID. Ro❤❤❤

I smiled and accepted the call putting him on speaker. I placed the phone on my lap and turned on the car.

"Hey babe." He almost immediately said. I blushed and smiled. "Hey Ro." I started turning out of the school.

"What's up with you. Why you smiling so hard." He asked me and I laughed.

"Your not even here." I replied. Roman chuckled. "I'm not but I can hear how happy you sound. Where you thinking about me again?" He joked. We both laughed and I came to a stop light.

"Your wierd hun. But no I wasnt." I said.

"Mhmm. So what are you up too. Have yoibbeen to your appointment yet?" Roman asked me. I shook my head as if he can see me. The light turned and I started going.

"No. I'm heading there right now. Just dropped Joelle off." I explained and Roman sighed.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"I feel like you need help down there. Here I'll call my mom to come stay with y'all a few days." Roman offered.

"No! She doesn't even like me. Im doing just fine."I whined.

Last time I met Mrs. Anoa'I, she kept putting off a vibe that seemed like she didn't like me.

"Come on. Maybe you guys will come to an understanding." He said. I sighed and took one hand off the steering wheel and rested that arm on the arm rest.

"I don't know." I said making a right turn. Roman scoffed.

"I'm still calling her." Roman said.

I smiled a little bit. Even from afar he still manages to irk my nerves.

"Your so uggh."I groaned, but grinned.

"It's my speciality. Alright I gotta go. We're heading to a signing at Target. I'll call you back later." Roman said. In the background I heard Seth ask, " Who is he talking to?" And some where along the lines "Who else stupid." Dean said.

I giggled. "Alright. Love you." I said parking in the parking lot of the hospital.

"I love you too Adrian." He said. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I hung up and turned off the car.

~

The gel felt cold as Doctor Smith rubbed it against my belly. I shivered a bit and the used the thingy to locate my baby.

I watched as Doctor Smith's eyebrows furrowed. "That's strange." He muttered. I snapped my head up to look at the screen.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked. I began to worry because every doctor ID been to said it was rare for my belly to be so big but my baby so small. I thought it would even up but it hadn't.

"He's so tiny. But you have the stomach of a 8 month pregnancy." I sighed and ran my hands through my hair then stopped. "He?" I asked

"Yes. Congratulations Ms. Gonzalez." Doctor Smith congratulated but was still looking at the screen.

"We need for you to start eating frequently in order for him to be strong and healthy." Doctor Smith said. I began to worry.

"But I do eat. What do you mean, isn't he healthy?" I asked. Doctor Smith rubbed his face with the ungloved hand and sighed.

"I'm afraid not. Let's put it like this, have you ever expirenced the baby kicking?" Doctor Smith asked. I thought for a while and shook my head.

My eyes burned with tears that threatened to spill. I sighed again and leaned my head back.

"He's not strong enough and if he isn't kicking, there might be a problem." He continued. I inhaled slowly.

"We might have to produce the baby early." Doctor Smith finished.

~

How was it? Sorry its so short though