28| A THIRTY SECOND PLAN

The room was oddly silent, almost painful

The room was oddly silent, almost painful. A faint sound of finger nails tapping on an old wooden chair while the clock ticked in the background was all that was heard. The tapping stopped and they were suddenly picked at this time, the lilac purple color was chipping away. There were scars on the palms of her hands from the previous summer, though the nail picking didn't start till after.

"We have about twenty minutes left in our session, Lila." the older woman spoke as she stared across at the couch, "Do you want to get anything off your mind?"

Her foot tapped, her knees exposed over the school uniforms skirt. Traveling up her body, her face stared across at the councilor. She was beautiful, truly, so beautiful. Yet, for such a beautiful girl, she seemed so angry and had a lot of tension build up. Grace and Lacey thought counciling would be good for Lila, especially after she came home with a black eye.

But the other girl had it worse.

"What happened to your eye?" Dr.Speers asked her patient.

"Got into a fight." Lila said back, the nail picking was worse suddenly, looking at the clock.

"You know she killed her brother and her best friend, right?" the nails on chalk board voice of Brandy Kelly rung in Lilas ears. It was the first day back at school, she'd just gotten her school uniform fitted for senior year, all her books and classes ready for her. The school in the village was small, everyone knew everyone and that meant they knew exactly what you did, "I bet she killed her friends too. It was in the news paper that they definitely didn't make it out of that storm."

The sound of a locker was slammed shut and before Brandy had the chance to react, she was grabbed by the collar of her uniform and had a fist to her mouth.

"Why don't you tell me about the summer." Dr.Speers tried again with Lila, though the blonde hadn't said a word the whole forty-five minutes she'd sat infront of her, "Help get a few things off your mind?"

"My friends died." Lila stated in disbelief, "What else do you want me to say?"

"Tell me about them." she encouraged, getting a scoff in return, "Or would you rather talk about what happened over the summer?"

Lila bite her nails now instead of picked at them. They'd usually bleed, but she got lucky today, "This summer..."

Dr.Speers waited for her to go on. Lila paused as she looked up and stared across at the women, "Was the best thing that ever happened to me."

Dr.Speers hadn't expected that, especially not after all the things her moms had told her. Lila sensed the confusion and laughed suddenly, making the councilor jump because she hadn't expected it, "Before my friends died, we were happy. All of us, I was happy."

"Even after your accident?" the woman asked, "Even when you had to heal on your own because you didn't have your pain killers?"

"You don't get it." Lila said back to her with a harsh glare, "You don't get to talk about Rafe when you don't know a thing about him."