29| SHE'S BACK, BABY!

all i'm saying is i listened to formula by labrinth the whole time i was writing this to feel more dramatic so you should do the same!

The sunrise was coming up when Lilas phone rung. The sky was a faint orange color that had touches of pink within. The ferry was infront of Lila, the blue car parked as close to the side as possible. JJ's name ran across her screen ten minutes after she arrived, taking her eyes off the sky and answering it, "JJ, do you see this?"

"Yeah, I didn't know the ferry was here." he said to her from the other line, the motor stopping from the other side, "We're as close as we can get. There's a huge reef that'll fuck up the moter if we get closer."

"We?" Lila asked, pulling her two bags from the back and shutting the door.

"Hey, Lila." Kie said from the other line, "You're a crazy bitch."

"What happened to no one knowing?" Lila teased as she looked at the large ferry.

"Kinda hard for that to happen when JJ tried to steal my dads boat at three in the morning." Popes voice came from the other side as Lila smiled, "We're not sure when the ferry's gonna move so we're just gonna wait it out."

"No." Lila said suddenly as she looked at the open ramp, "What side are you guys on?"

"North, what are you thinking?" Kie asked, only getting silence, "Lila?"

"She hung up." JJ said as he threw his phone and looked up at the ferry.

"Shit." Kie huffed.

"Just, chill out." JJ waved her off, throwing his hat to the side as he looked at any sight of the blonde.

"You chill out, shes reckless as hell." Kie rolled her eyes, standing up on the seats, "Pope, do you have your binoculars?"

"Yup." he nodded, fetching them from under the seat.

Lila crept up the ramp of the ferry, looking around. They'd been moving golf clubs it seemed, many sets lined up across the deck. Lila watched her surroundings as she snuck around. The sound of workers talking made her hide behind one of the stair cases, watching as they walked above her on the ramp. When they were gone, she began walking again.

The ferry was larger then what it looked to be, and she was exposed heavily if she walked across the deck. Lila crept forward some, looking up at the few workers that were loading the golf clubs. Lila waiting until their heads were turned to walk forward, hurrying in a jog before the voice heard.

"Hey! You can't be up here." a man spoke, a yellow hard hat on his head. Lilas eyes widened as she began running, him not far behind her, "Hey! Get back here."

Lila paused as she swung around, kicking him in the gut and grabbing hold of one of the golf clubs to hit him in the leg. The man yelled in pain as Lila dropped the golf club, sprinting toward the north side in no time, "I'm so sorry!"