44| YOU WEREN'T THERE

"We understand why you don't want to go to school

"We understand why you don't want to go to school." Lacey spoke as she followed Lila through the Cameron house, "But we still want to know where you're going."

Lila rolled her eyes, "Do you care?"

"Lila, watch it." Grace spoke as she rounded into the kitchen, "I get you're upset and angry, but we're still your moms and you still owe us respect."

Lila gave a clearly forced smile, grabbing her phone and walking out of the house quickly. Rafe was standing in the front when she came down, causing her to pause a second, "Hey."

"Hey." he said back with a clear of his throat, "I didn't mean to leave you in the bed a-"

"That's kinda your thing." Lila cut him off with a half grin, "Uh, how are you feeling?"

She noticed Wards blazer was back around his shoulders and he had the truck keys in his hand. He looked angry, over worked perhaps.

"Rose is stressing me out." he said back, twisting at his hand slightly.

"Well, my moms are gonna help her out so.." Lila said back in hopes of easing his worry, "Did Sarah come back?"

"No." Rafe rolled his eyes, "If you gotta be somewhere I can drive you."

"What happened to your hand?" Lila ignored his questions, motioning toward the hand he cradled slightly.

"Punched a wall." he said back casually.

"Punched a wall?" Lila rose her eyebrows, pulling a face as she nodded, "Right. Punched a wall."

"Are you some high school drop out now?" Rafe asked her with a odd look, walking closer toward the steps of the house, "Since you found out your daddy's the sheriff now."

Lila gave a small glare, "He's not my dad. And i'm not a high school drop out, just so you know, i'm skipping today."

"Where you going?" Rafe hummed as he stood infront of her. Lila gave a shrug, "You don't know?"

"No." Lila said back quickly at his questioning, "Why? Do you want to hang out?"

Rafe sighed, "I can't. Not today. Tomorrow, yeah."