16| I'D GO FULL NICHOLAS SPARKS FOR YOU

A Chapter| Chapter Fifteen

"Do you feel any movement across your skin?" Lila whispered over to Pope, trailing close behind him as she held her arms out

"We're suppose to be looking for water." he scolded her with a knowing look as Lila nodded.

"Duh, I know this, but do you feel any movement?" she repeated herself as Pope went to speak up before John B cut in.

"Hey, psst! Hey, come on. It's the only place we haven't looked." John B said, finding a hole that lead to the bottom of the house.

"Hell yes, ghost here we come." Lila cheered as she jogged over and running in quickly.

"Lila, wait." Kie said as she followed after, the boys not too far behind.

"Someone definitely died here." Lila said as she looked around at the low ceiling, the many boards on the ground.

"How can you tell?" JJ asked, his eyes wide with panic as Lila faced him.

"Feel the chill, feel the chill." she repeated with a wicked laugh as John B jumped and shhed her loudly.

"See any water?" Kie asked as she looked around at the bare room, swatting mosquitoes away as Lila slapped one on her arm.

"There's not even water on the pipes." JJ pointed out as he felt the dry and old pipes.

"There's not water here." Pope concluded with a huff his friends way.

"Not a dropamino." JJ added in as he looked around.

"No ghost either, just tiny vampire losers." Lila agreed as she slapped another mosquito away, her arm already beginning to welp slightly.

"Know why we didn't find it? Bad karma." Kie said with a judging look as John B sighed loudly.

"Oh, god, here we go." he grumbled while putting a hand on his head.

"You know, we had a good thing going. And then you decide to rope in Barbie, now the trails gone dry. Coincidence? Probably not." Kie said with a shake of her head, a annoyed and sarcastic look on her face.

"I don't see anyone complaining about Lila? She's latched onto Rafe now." John B said as Lila looked his way.

"Excuse me-" she began but was cut off.

"Lila didn't involve him on our thing like you did, leave her out of it." Kie defended the girl quickly, a warm and soft feelings forming in Lilas stomach.

"This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you about Sarah. What the hells the deal? What's going on with you two?" John B asked with a glare as he walked closer.

"Nothing!" Kie shot back annoyed and defensively.

"Nothing? Is it because I kissed you? Is that it?" John B asked her with a roll of his eyes, Lila was about to jump in and defend the girl before Kie handled it herself by slapped the taller boy across the face. The remaining trio all gasped as they shared their own words within the small circle.