41| PROTECTING RAFE CAMERON

"That's a lot of wax on your board

"That's a lot of wax on your board. Put too much wax, it's gonna be slippery." Pope spoke the next morning as the four sat. Kie played her ukulele, JJ waxed his board, Pope messed with his trinkets, while Lila skipped through the videos on her video camera.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?" JJ asked as he looked back at him in disbelief.

"Just saying that's a lot of wax." Pope pointed out.

"No-no. You're telling me how to wax my board. Are you kidding?" JJ began to argue with him, standing up better and turning his way.

"I'm saying that's a colossal waste of wax." the Hayward boy argued back with a innocent look.

"Guys, really?" Kid asked in disbelief, a car honking echoing behind them.

"Did you hear that?" JJ spoke up. Lila turned her head, standing up as her eyes set on the Twinkie rolling their way.

"Holy hell." she said with a bright grin, taking off toward it.

"Am I dreaming?" JJ called out.

"Are you serious!" Kie laughed.

John B got out of the van as Lila launched herself into his arms, hugging him tightly as he hugged her back, "Sorry our plan didn't work out."

"All good." John B laughed as he hugged her, "You good?"

"Are you good?" Lila asked back with a laugh.

"Guess who's out the cling, boy! No freaking way, man!" Pope hollered as the remaining three headed over.

"My boys out of the can!" JJ laughed as the five hugged tightly.

"We missed you." Kie spoke.

"I missed you guys too." John B sighed in content.

"How'd you do it? You bust out?" JJ asked as they all pulled back, "Since Lila and I's plan back fired on our asses."

"They dropped the charges." John B shook his head.