32| HEALING BRUISES WITH YOU

"Look, it was right here, and this is where that manic claimed his next victim

"Look, it was right here, and this is where that manic claimed his next victim." Kie spoke to Shoupe as they stood in the construction building, showing them were Ward shot Gavin.

"Uh-huh. His next victim? How long ago did you say this happened?" Shoupe asked, clearly not believing a word they said. Lila shivered from the cold as she kept her arms around her.

"Forty-Five minutes ago, Shoupe." JJ said back as he looked up from the floor.

"Okay. So, Ward Cameron just popped one off and shot him. Execution style?" Shoupe asked in disbelief as he looked at the four.

"Is that so hard for you to believe?" Lila spoke up for the first time.

"You tell me." he said back with a wild look, "You're back in town?"

"What does that matter? A guy was just murdered right here!" Lila said as she swung her arms around in disbelief, "Ward could kill someone else if he hasn't already! He's insane!"

Pope gave her shoulder a squeeze in hopes of her lowering her voice.

"We filmed the entire thing." Kie spoke up as Shoupes ears perked at her words, "But we can't show it to you because I was worried about Lila falling off the latter so I stepped on JJ's hand, and then he kicked Pope, and then Pope and JJ fell ontop of Lila, making Pope drop the camera, and it broke."

"This is a telephoto, and we needed to get a long-distance image, and... and and I fell, and it broke, so the video is basically unusable." Pope explained as he held the broken video camera in his hands, "Marilyn Monroe is full of storage and-"

"So the dog ate your homework?" Shoupe hummed their way.

"We have no dog!" Lila threw her hands up in disbelief, "JJ just barks sometimes, that's it!"

"Shoupe, I know it sounds-" Kie began.

"Look, I don't know what you kids expect me to do with this. You drag me out here in the middle of the night for a whole lot of nothing." the man explained as he looked around at the so called crime scene, "Except for some crazy stories about how Ward Cameron's out on a random killing spree."

"We're not making this up!" JJ yelled at him.

"It's not a random killing spree!" Pope cut in quickly, though he'd had a calmer perspective, "Gavin was his pilot. Okay, he was paying him hush money because he was on the tarmac that day."

"Gavin was blackmailing Ward because he had the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin." Kie was close after Popes words. Shoupe looked at Lila as she looked away.

"Then he called him here and tried to pay him off. But it wasn't enough and then so he shot him!" JJ concluded quickly after Kie's words.

Shoupe looked at Lila again, "Thats it then, is it, Lila? That's the story? Rafe killed Peterkin and the gun he used, the four of you saw and are ready to confirm that?"