5| WRAP IT BEFORE YOU TAP IT

A Chapter| Chapter Five

"You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day

"You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day." JJ sighed that night as John B drove the van down the empty road, a soft tune in the background. Lila was slumped in the backseat, her legs across Popes lap as she leaned against the window.

"A lot of weird stuff has gone down. I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?" JJ asked as he looked toward Pope who blinked at him.

"I keep the signal clear." Pope answers him as Lila sat up better, looking at JJ who was in the seat behind her.

"Gimme one." Lila said as she opened her mouth while he held the rolled blunt between her lips for her while turning to Pope one more time.

"Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative?" JJ asked his friend as Lila inhaled as JJ pulled it from her lips, the faint chapstick sticking to his thumb in the slightest.

"Look, I-I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right? And wrong about everything else going on. But I-I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something." John B said from the drivers seat as he looked at Kie and then at the three in the back before turning. Lila grabbed JJs wrist again to take another inhale, knowing she'd probably end up needing it before the night ended.

"Come on." John B rushed them out of the van quickly just a few minutes later.

"This place is scary." Kie said as she looked around at the location John B drove them to.

"Boo!" Lila said as she snuck up behind Kie making the girl jump. Lila laughed before Kie slapped her in the shoulder with a glare.

"Ow, Kie." Lila whined as she held the spot on her shoulder.

"Wish it would have been your face." Kie said as Lila walked by her side now.

"John B, what are we doing?" the girl now spoke as she looked at her friend with a odd look, over it already.

"You know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?" John B asked as he looked to Kie. Lila looked behind her, stoping as she waited for JJ and Pope to catch up with her.

"Yeah." Kie answered with a shrug.

"So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place. It's a person." John B said as he held the hand lamp up infront of a metal statue, that stood taller then all of them, the name at the top.

"Voi-effing-lá." JJ spoke up with a chuckle, staring at the name.

"See, my great great grandmother, Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name." John B spoke toward them as Lila patted his back.

"Props to John freaking B, smart worm you have there." Lila said as she poked his forehead before dropping her arms and looking at the large door before them.