20| BECAUSE I LOVE YOU

A Chapter| Chapter Twenty

"JJ, you don't think they're like, not into me anymore, do you?" Lila asked as she stood with the blonde boy, looking over at Kie and Sarah, who were giggling in the van together

"Kie and Sarah? Nah." JJ said, waving her off as Lila sighed.

"Are you sure?" she asked as JJ huffed in annoyance while turning around and grabbing her shoulders.

"Sweetie, you're over thinking shit again." JJ spoke as Lila sighed and nodded, "No one can just get over you."

"Now, lets go!" the blonde announced while holding the gold in his arms and pulling Lila along with him toward the girls.

"Kie, this better work. We can't pawn this if there's a giant weed symbol on it." JJ spoke while throwing the gold at her feet while leaning on the side of the van, letting Lila go as she leaned on the other side.

"It's gonna work." she said while holding up the blow torch making Lila whistle and widen her eyes.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ said while the group pulled up at the pawn shop, JJ mocking Kies job at melting the gold.

"Like you could have done any better." Kie rolled her eyes while jumping out of the car, her hair hitting Lila in the face slightly.

"I could have done much better. I took a welding class." JJ said knowingly as he argued with her.

"When?" Kie asked him annoyed as Lila and Pope shared a look.

"Woah. Hey, hey, hey. Chill out, okay?" John B asked, getting between his two friends.

"First time in forever i'm agreeing with John B." Lila nodded as he sent her a look.

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off. How did I get this job anyway?" JJ asked while holding up the chunk of gold.

"Yeah, and how did I get look out again? I'm starting to feel unwanted." Lila said as she leaned on the van, Pope and JJ arguing as they walked in.

"You're not unwanted, you're just the most observant, plus you can talk for hours if someone's catches us." John B said while giving her arm a squeeze with a wink before heading with his friends into the pawn shop.

Lila sighed as she leaned on the van, looking around for any sign trouble or danger. She didn't mind being the lookout, the only reason she minded now is because of Kie and Sarah. And don't get her wrong, Lila loved seeing them friends again and wanted this. But it didn't stop her jealousy, the selfish feeling in her stomach that bubbled.

"Lila?" a familiar voice asked as Lila snapped her head to the side with wide eyes.

"Topper... what are you doing?" she asked quickly, scolding herself for the guilt in her voice.