46| LOCKED IN A ROOM

Lacey and Grace looked up on sync when the door of their room opened

Lacey and Grace looked up on sync when the door of their room opened. Lila creeped in that night, giving a small smile. Lacey put her computer aside while Grace set her book on her lap. Lila crawled in the middle of then and laid there with a sigh, "I'm sorry for being mean to you guys."

"We're sorry for not telling you sooner." Grace spoke as she patted Lilas dyed locks, "We were just scared."

"We didn't want you to choose him over us." Lacey said back as she looked down at her as well, "We love you too much."

"I'd never choose any parents over you guys." Lila said as she shut her eyes, "I'm sorry for Logan."

Grace and Lacey shared a look. They smelt the alcohol on her breath but knew it was far from the right time to ask.

"What do you mean, honey?" Lacey asked, catching Lila start to drift, "Lila?"

"I'm sorry for killing him." she whispered, falling in and out of sleep, "I'm sorry for taking him away from you."

Grace placed a hand on her face, "Lila, do you-"

"Stop." Lacey said suddenly as she watched, "She's asleep."

"Lila?" Grace whispered down to her, getting nothing in return, "You stay here, i'll be back."

"Where are you going?" Lacey asked, being ignored. She looked down at Lila and ran a hand through her hair, keeping her still and asleep. Grace headed down stairs, peaking into the kitchen as she heard the voices.

"Grace." Rose said from behind her, earning a gasp, "I didn't know you were awake."

"Do you have guest?" her voice rung, catching the attention of the woman and the man in the kitchen.

"Where's Lila?" Rafe asked her suddenly.

"Sleeping." Grace said bitterly, looking at the unknown pair, "Sorry, i'm Grace Griffin."

"Carla Limbrey." she said back with a minor smile.

Rafe waited until both Lacey and Grace left in the morning to show Carla the island room. When Renfield voiced that he'd met Lila and that she's recognize him, it worried Rafe that Lila would run off and tell her friends if she happened to wake. He warned them to stay quiet a moment as he slipped up stairs and walked to her room. He didn't find her, going into her moms room instead.