12| MY GIRLFRIEND

A Chapter| Chapter Twelve

The laughter of Lila Griffin could be heard all through out the country club as she ran through the crowd, jogging toward Kie

The laughter of Lila Griffin could be heard all through out the country club as she ran through the crowd, jogging toward Kie. The taller girl didn't see her at first, too caught up in her conversation with Pope. The familiar arms wrapping around her made Kie gasp as she got a face full on blonde hair.

"Kie! You look so pretty!" Lila gushed as she pulled away from the girl, giving her a spin. Kie laughed as she did so, taking a second to look at her.

"Woah, you look- more than pretty." the girl said with a small laugh, looking down at the purple dress that hugged Lilas body perfectly, the design of small flowers along it just adding to the beauty.

"Not nearly as pretty as you. Pope! My main man! Hello, handsome." Lila gushed as she hugged the taller boy who was flipping burgers.

"Hey Lila, you look great." Pope said to her with a smile as Lila thanked him before she stood between the two.

"I can't be the only one that doesn't feel like they fit in here right?" Lila asked with a sigh as she looked around at the many Kooks, all laughing and having a nice talk, surly gushing over their luxurious.

"Nope, I feel it too." Kie said with a sigh, putting a arm around Lila.

"Dido." Pope agreed as he flipped the burger on the grill. Lila looked around for any sign of Rafe, ready to swoop in and save him from his fathers clutches. But she wasn't in luck, only seeing people she didn't recognize that offered her smiles anyway.

"Hey, have either of you heard from JJ?" Pope asked as he looked over at the two girls, pulling Lila back.

"I ran to the station after I got the news, said he wasn't there. I almost went to his house but he made sure I swore to him to never come back after that one time." Lila said, the memory of when Lila showed up at the boys door step to hang out a few days ago still fresh on her mind.

"He'll be alright. He's got the survival instinct of a cockroach." Kie explained with a forced laugh, hiding her worry as Lila grazed her hand against hers, letting her friend know she had a hand to hold if she needed it.

"It's all my fault." Pope sighed as Lila slapped his arm.

"It's not your fault, Pope. Don't even say that, it's far from it." Lila said quickly, giving him a knowing look.

"You didn't do this, Pope. Topper almost killed you, remember?" Kie asked as Pope looked her way. Lila felt a pang if guilt once again, slowly getting over it before it was back. The guilt Lila felt was like driving under a bridge in the rain. For a second it's gone and everything seems so still, and then there it was again, raining down loud and cold.