3| MEET ME ON THE DOCK

Chapter two | A Chapter

"Those are so pretty." Kie commented as she saw the two purple lila flowers tied around Lilas belt loop.

"Aren't they? I think my moms got them for me." Lila smiled as she looked down at them as well.

"Well, tell your moms to get me some next time." Kie joked as the two shared a laugh

"Shit. JJ." Pope said as the sirens were heard from the distance, the four snapping their head around to find the boat that was flickering blue and red floating toward them.

"Guys, that's the police." JJ spoke as he stood up quickly.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me."
Pope said with a loud sigh.

"I've got this, i've got this." Lila said as she stood up only to be pulled back down into her spot as Kie gave her a look.

"Just act freaking normal." Kie said as she threw her hair over her shoulder and leaned back some.

"Evening officers." Pope greeted as they came to a stop beside the smaller boat.

"Evening." the man greeted with a smile.

"JJ, tie this off." Pope said, playing things normal with a smile on his face. Lila wished she could be as cool and calm as Pope was in situations like this, knowing her she'd blurt out something random and bust them all.

"How you kids doing? You know the marsh is closed?" The deputy asked as he looked between the four.

"No."

"No, wow."

"I didn't know that." JJ shook his head.

"We were just in a rush to get out here this morning, should have probably checked to see if it was open first." Lila said with a small laugh as the deputy gave her a half smile with a nod.

"Why-why is it closed?" Pope asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Well, we're conducting a search out here. Boat went down. You seen anything?" the older man asked as he looked between the four once again.

"Nah."

"No."

"No. No boats, no."

"Where's your friend you always hang with? He here?" the deputy now asked as he looked around, clearly seeing one missing.

"He's working." Kie said back with a forced smile.