26| IF YOUR FRIENDS JUMP OFF A CLIFF, YOU GOTTA JUMP TOO

A Chapter| Chapter Twenty Six

"There she be." JJ stated with shiny eyes as he looked up at the boat he'd taken them to, "A 1983 A02 SR1. The phantom."

"Mhm." Kie nodded, trying to make it seem as if she cared. Lila looked up at the large boat, not knowing anything about them considering she'd only ever lived on the country side villages, but still finding it oddly enough beautiful.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under sixteen hours, ladies. Forty years old, forty. It's still the fastest that Kildare's ever seen."
JJ went on, surprising Lila as she offered him a grin at his clear love for it.

"It's kind of a junker." Kie said with a shrug as Lila gave her a look, motioning toward JJ in a way of telling her to not be mean.

"Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you." JJ said to her with wide eyes as Kie rolled her darker ones.

"I like her, JJ. Kie is just jealous." Lila said as JJ high fived her.

"See, Lila gets it." the blonde boy said as he looked over at Kie again, "Let's just put it this way. You would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

"I just hope it runs." Kie said with a shrug as Lila pulled her hair back with the purple hair tie.

"Oh, no, she'll run all right." JJ shook his head at her with a knowing look, "She's faster than any of the cutters the boys in blue got."

"Pope! Finally." Kie said as she heard the motorcycle pulling up, heading toward the other side of the garage before a unexpected face was seen.

Rafe.

"Hey, there. What's going on?" he's voice caught Lilas attention as she backed away from JJ quickly once his eyes focused on her, Lilas heart fell as she looked at him.

"Rafe, what- what are you doing here?" Lila asked as she took a step forward, her heart racing at the way he looked... dangerous.

"JJ, course you're here." Rafe commented toward the blonde, clinching his jaw.

"How you guys doing? Hey babe." Rafe said while he grabbed Lila face to give her a hard kiss before jumping up on the boat. Lila whipped the taste of alcohol from her lips, looking over at Kie who held the same confused expression.

"Well, well." Barry's voice spoke up as Lila panicked, turning to the man she feared more then anyone else. Her body shook in the slightest, the acing in her stitches getting worse now that he was closer.

"Rafe." Lila said again, her voice breaking, knowing this was his doing with the man that sliced her up. Barry cocked his gun, aiming it at JJ.

"Leave him alone." Lila said as she hurried to shield JJ with her body, having the gun pointed at her head.