22| MISSING PILLS AND HOTTUB BREAKDOWNS

A Chapter| Chapter Twenty Two

"Lila, could you hang back for a second?" Grace asked from the kitchen as Lila headed to the door, stopping as she looked at her moms in the kitchen

"Everything okay? I took out the trash this morning." Lila said as she walked over, looking at the two at the table as they gave her a look.

"It's not about the trash, honey." Lacey said as Lila gave her a look before the indian woman put Lilas pill bottle on the table.

"I took them already, remember? Just a hour ago." Lila said as Lacey cleared her throat.

"We know, which is why we're confused on why five are missing." the blonde woman said as she raised her eyebrows at her daughter.

"Five pills are missing?" Lila asked in disbelief, grabbing the bottle and counting them, indeed five missing already.

"Lila, you know I struggled with a addiction once in my life too-" Grace began as Lila shook her head quickly.

"No, mom, i'm not addicted, I swear. I take two a day for the pain until my stitches heal, I swear on my life." Lila said as Lacey and Grace shared a look, knowing when Lila was lying and she wasn't this time.

"Listen, we told you we don't mind Rafe staying here every now and then but if he's taking pills from you then you need to tell us." Grace said to her sternly as Lila shook her head.

"Rafe hasn't stayed the night since I got out of the hospital." Lila spoke as she shook her head.

"What about JJ? He stayed the night the past two nights." Grace pointed out as Lila gave her a defensive look.

"Grace, JJ wouldn't do that. He loves Lila." Lacey pointed out as Lila nodded, "Rafe, maybe."

"Mom!" Lila said in disbelief as she gave her a hurt look, making the blonde put her hands up in surrender.

"Listen, they make me tired, I might have just dropped a few when I saw taking them.... let's not point fingers at my boyfriend and best friend please." Lila said the two woman sighed with a nod of her head.

"Let's just be more carful, okay? Their only gonna refill them once for you." Grace said as Lila nodded her head knowingly while she swallowed ... knowing damn well she didn't drop them anywhere.

"Hey." Lila said as she walked into the small house Rafe was staying at.

"Hey, babe, what are you doing here?" Rafe asked as he stood up quickly, Topper walking into the living room at the sound of her voice.

"Hey, Lila." he said, looking between the two, knowing Rafes anger was sky high after the encounter with John B and Sarah not too long ago.

"Hey." Lila said back to him with a small smile, looking back at Rafe.