18| MARRYING JJ

A Chapter| Chapter Eighteen

"In all honesty... I don't think she wants to talk to me." John B sighed as they stood outside of the country club, getting a small sight of Lila who was dancing around the grass.

"Well... who's fault was that?" Pope spoke up as Kie and Sarah laughed, their newly fixed friendship nothing without Lila.

"Listen... this is gonna work, I know Lila more then any of you d-" JJ began before he was cut off.

"Excuse you? Lila is my best friend, I know her way better then any of you." Sarah said knowingly as Kie looked around her.

"Are all of you stupid? I clearly know Lila more." Kie said as Pope cleared his throat.

"Theoretically speaking Lila and I bonded over her boyfriend hitting me with a g-" Pope began before John B jumped in from where he leaned on the van.

"Guys! Guys! Guys! Okay, just, JJ, explain to me please." John B sighed loudly as JJ pulled the apple from inside the van.

"Listen, that first night after Lila doctored you up, I walked her back home, right? We bonded, all right? We bonded, John B." JJ said, slapping the boys shoulder.

"Okay, JJ, we got it, moving on." John B rolled his eyes, already hearing about how Lila and JJ bonded on the walk home.

"So we're laughing, we're talking, we're like talking talking, you know? And then she tells me she thought romance back in the eighteen hundreds was kinda cute. She said cute, John B. So I'm like 'Lila, what the heck are you talking about' and she's all like giggly and telling me all these stories about how love was back there, completely different then it is now, not the point." JJ rambled on, remembering the night as Kie groaned.

"JJ, get to the point." she said annoyed as he threw his hands up.

"One thing she said was that when guys decided to propose they'd throw apples at their chosen wife and wait for them to say yes or no. See, I thought it was dumb at first, but not Lila, she likes that stuff, you know? So... go throw this apple at her." JJ spoke, holding up the bright red apple as John B gave a odd look.

"JJ.... i'm not wanting to marry Lila." John B said with a dumb look as he took the apple.

"Why not? I would!" JJ announced loudly as a few Kooks looks over, Sarah waving them off.

"I've got Sarah, i'm just gonna say sorry." John B explained, giving the apple back to JJ as the blonde rolled his eyes.

"No... you're not listening. You gotta make her feel good man, you hurt her feelings." JJ said, slapping his shoulder as he pushed the apple to his chest.

"I know, you slapped me for it." John B said, pushing the apple back.

"You deserved it." Pope pointed out as Kie and Sarah laughed.