14| YOU DESERVE THE BEST HUMAN

A Chapter| Chapter Fourteen

"You're better off without her, Top

"You're better off without her, Top. Trust me. I live with the bitch." Rafe said loudly from the passengers seat, higher then ever, a faint boom of the radio bouncing off the car.

"Rafe, don't call your sister a bitch, man. Come on." Topper scolded him as he drove with one hand, his mind racing just as his heart was.

"Yo, i'll call her whatever I want, man. All right." Rafe said with a sniffle of his nose, Kelces laugher loud in the backseat as Topper rolled his eyes.

"That'd be, like, me calling Lila a bitch, or something." Topper said, trying to get his point across as he saw Rafes head snap his way.

"What you say?" he asked, his voice calm but intimidating.

"Bad analogy, dude. Lilas not your sister." Kelce said as he slapped Toppers shoulder.

"No, but I just don't get, like.. what- what's the deal with y'all?" Topper asked with a clear of his throat, glancing over at Rafe who rubbed his nose with yet another sniffle.

"Man, whats it matter?" Rafe asked with a chuckle before turning the bottle upside down.

"She like your girlfriend or something? A summer fling? What's up there?" Topper kept on, not getting much information out of Lila earlier.

"Yeah, she is. Why do you care? You don't even know her." Rafe shot back at him a little more defensive then he intended to, tugging at the bow tie around his neck as it became harder to breath.

"Not to long ago you were going on about how much of a bitch she was, how she belonged with the Pogues. Now you're what... in love with her or something?" Topper asked him in disbelief, far from blind, seeing Rafes sudden change for the girl within just a few days.

"No, don't be a idiot, man. She's good, you know? She's good for me. We're good together." Rafe said, rolling his eyes as he tried to get the topic to drop.

"Yeah? You treating her okay?" Topper pushed even harder, Kelce looking between the two.

"Why wouldn't I be? She say something?" Rafe asked him with a stupid look, his mouth hanging open slightly.

"No, she didn't." Topper said as he put two hands on the wheel again.

"Well I like her! You know... aside from the fact that she kicked you in the fucking face, man." Kelce jump in, slapping Rafes shoulder with a look of disbelief.

"Just drop it. Both of you, don't go poking around her like a bunch of stupid fucking pelicans. She'll trip out and try to dump my ass again." Rafe said as he gave the two a stern look, Kelce putting his hands up in surrender as Topper stayed starring at the road.

"Should bring her around me, I like her. She's got sick dance moves, man. Now drink up!" Kelce said as he pushed two bottles over the front seat toward the two boys.