21| JJ: LILAS FAVORITE PERSON

A Chapter| Chapter Twenty-One

To say Lilas mind was all over the place was a understatement

To say Lilas mind was all over the place was a understatement. She was in the hospital over night, only getting to leave that morning. Rafe left the second Ward showed up, which was reasonable but apart of her thought he should stay. Lila thought about Rafe and how she got hurt because of him, she thought about Barry, who was god knows where.

The doctor gave her a few pain killers before she left, saying to take them responsibly and to stay away from motor boats for a while. Lila wondered what friend came up with that lie, she wondered who carried her into the hospital, wonder which one held her in the car, wonder which one got to her first when she fainted. Her few hours away from the pogues made her realize how much space in her mind they took up, how she didn't even have time to think about anything, but that's how she liked it.

"I told you i'm fine." Lila spoke as she heard the footsteps walk into her room, her back turned completely.

"That's gonna be one gnarly scar." the familiar, and extremely comforting, voice was heard. Lila turned quickly, looking at JJ who leaned on the doorway with a forced grin.

"I'd hope so." Lila said, hiding her relief to see him, the sun barely even coming up yet that morning.

"You okay?" he asked her, the first time she'd seen him be serious about anything.

"Drugged up on pain meds, are you?" she asked as he walked into the room more.

"I took money from that guy... for you." JJ said as he threw the small bag onto Lilas twin sized bed. Lila blinked, not expecting that one.

"I don't want his money, but thank you, JJ." Lila said, her voice soft and small. She didn't seem herself, something off completely. JJ couldn't blame her for it, she did just bleed out and get way too many to count stitches in her back.

"What do you want then? Because i'll get it. You want me to kill him? I'll kill em." JJ said as Lila shook her head quickly.

"No... I don't want you to kill him." Lila said with a sigh, the sadness and dread in her eyes, "I just want him out of my life and that can't happen apparently."

"What do you mean?" JJ asked her, not getting what she meant, not thinking Barry would mess with her again, not after how to Pogues handled things before she passed out. Lila hesitated, the instant regret in her eyes as she sat on the floor, her back leaning on the bed slightly. JJ joined her side, throwing the backwards cap off his head while taking a glance out at the sunrise.

"He's Rafes dealer... and Rafe can't stop doing drugs, which means Barry won't leave him alone and i'm with Rafe, so that means Barrys with me until god knows when." Lila rambled, her voice quick but he caught everything she said. The stress and dread dripping off her words were noticeably, not to mention the tenseness of her body that clearly wasn't just from the stitches.