Chapter 8 - Madison

I'm sitting in front of the bathroom vanity, hardly believing what I'm seeing. My make-up is applied flawlessly. A smokey eye with false lashes frames my almond-shaped eyes and complements my eye color. Making them pop out. My nose and cheeks are perfectly contoured and a peachy nude tone fills out my lips. I look like one of those models I always see on Instagram.

"I should definitely consider becoming a make-up artist." Vanessa whistles from behind me, where she's straightening my hair. "Girl, you look hot as hell."

Blood rushes to my cheeks at the compliment. "Thank you but this is all you."

"Pfff. I just worked with what I got and perfected it. You're already gorgeous Madi and this hair..." She brushes her fingers through it. "I'm jealous."

"Of what? Look at you." I gesture to her.

Vanessa is beautiful and she knows it. With beautiful chocolate-colored hair and bright sky-blue eyes. Add her petite frame into the mix and she's got men falling over themselves.

Literally.

There was this one time we were walking down the beach and this guy couldn't take his eyes off her, he slipped over a piece of seaweed and ended up with sand and seaweed in his mouth.

It was actually pretty funny but the good thing is he ended up getting Vanessa's number. They dated for a few weeks and that was that.

"I'm just joking." She grins, showing off her pearly whites, "I know we're both sexy bitches."

Another hour passes before she's completely done with my hair.

"Done! What do you think?" She squeals, urging me to glance in the mirror.

I examine my hair. It's so sleek and glossy. Giving my hair a gorgeous golden glow.

"Damn, V. I think I should hire you as my own personal hair and makeup stylist."

I move my head from side to side. The light hitting it just right.

"Yes! I knew you would love it! Now you know who to pick to do your hair and makeup for your wedding. I better be the one to do it Madi or else I will be seriously offended."

I chuckle. "I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon but if it happens you'll be the first person I go to."

"If? You mean when you get married. I ain't watching my gorgeous friend grow old and rot by herself."

I open my mouth to retort but she beats me to it. "You know what? Since we'll be attending Luke's birthday bash there'll be lots of man candy there..."

I groan, knowing where she's heading with this.  "Vanessa..."

"What? That's exactly what we came for. We need to find you a man."

"I thought you said we came to 'let loose.'"

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"Seriously V, you know I can't just hook up with a random person. Especially since..." I gesture to my genital area. "you know, I'm on my period."

"True but there are other things you can do..." She waggles her brows at me and I roll my eyes.

"So it's settled. We're finding you a man tonight."

"No."

"Why not? There's literally nothing wrong with talking to a few guys. Actually, I have a few in mind I know you'll love." She winks.

"What is this? You setting me up now?"

"If it means you finding a new man? Then, yes."

I frown, not liking this idea at all.