Chapter 9 - Maxon

I'm sitting with Luke and the guys when I spot Madison across the room. She is being dragged by a very determined-looking Vanessa to the dance floor. God, she looks absolutely breathtaking tonight. Which is exactly what happened the moment she stepped out of that room. I literally lost my breath, completely starstruck by her beauty. I couldn't see anyone but her. The way her clothes hugged her perfect figure and her heels making her legs appear long for days. I wanted nothing more than to take her into a room and lock her in there with me. Hiding her from anyone else's prying eyes.

A squeal to my left pulls my attention away from them. One of the girls is writhing against Luke,  her head thrown back in a silent scream. I glance down and see Luke's hand up her skirt

"Seriously man? Get a room." I tell him, annoyed he would do something like this in such a public area. Much less beside me.

"I am in a room." Is his smartass reply.

"You know what I mean," I swear Luke has no boundaries when it comes to his sex life.

I survey the guys at our table. They are either speaking to or making out with their wives, girlfriends, or lovers but none of them are as active as Luke over here.

At least they have some decency while in public.

I glance back at Madison and find her watching our group, Vanessa nowhere in sight.

I vaguely wonder where she went but as Madison's gaze drags from the guys to me, every thought dissipates.

My heart immediately picks up its pace as her eyes lock onto mine.

The faces around me blur as we stare at each other.

A strong feeling overtakes me. Urging me to go to her.

It's so strange. It almost feels as if something clicked between us.

As if this is meant to be happening.

A sense of rightness.

A sense of belonging to one another, as insane as that sounds.

I couldn't look away even if I wanted to.

I'm completely entranced by her gorgeous eyes I don't feel the presence until they're behind me. Someone covers my eyes, causing me to break eye contact with Madison.

The fuck?

"Guess who?" A feminine voice whispers in my ear.

I recognize the voice right away.
Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Not her, not now. Not when Madison's watching.

"Ashley." I greet, trying to keep the panic from my voice. I know Madison is going to get the wrong idea. Or maybe she'll connect two and two together since Luke blabbered about me having a lover. But I don't want her to think I'm a player because I'm far from that. Well, only on the field but that's my title. That's it, it doesn't apply to my personal life.

I remove her hands from my face and find Madison no longer gazing in my direction. She's disappeared out of my sight.

My stomach drops in disappointment.

Where did she go?

Ashley comes around, straddling my legs. Obstructing my view of the dance floor.

I glance at Luke for backup but he's too busy making out with one of the jersey chasers.

"I've missed you, baby." Ashley grabs my chin and turns my face to meet hers. She drops a sweet kiss onto my lips and I immediately stiffen. Not liking the feel of her lips on mine.