Chapter 34 - Maxon

Fuck. I lean a hand against the tiled wall, groaning as I release all over my hand and floor. That was the hottest thing I've ever seen. Madison moaning and writhing from pleasure. From my touch. And my touch alone. I shut off the cold water which did nothing in stopping my raging hard-on. I step out of the shower and wrap another fresh towel over myself. I walk back into the dark-lit room and go to my beautiful girl. I feel horrible for leaving her like this but I don't want her to think I only made her my girlfriend to have sex with her. She means more to me than that. And I want her to know that despite what she thinks she wanted. I pull on some boxer briefs and walk over to her.
"Beautiful," I shake her lightly and see that she's fallen asleep atop the comforter, half of it pulled to cover her gorgeous body. I smile lightly knowing I probably exhausted her. She hasn't seen anything yet but we'll take this a step at a time. I carefully lift her, making sure I don't stir her awake, and lay her under the cotton soft covers. Once she's settled in, I drop a kiss on her forehead and cover her up. I walk around to the other side and get in behind her. I wrap my arms around her and settle in to fall asleep. I can't wait to make you mine. Is the last thought in my head as sleep claims me.

                                                                                              * * *

                                                                                        MADISON

Light filters in through the semi-sheen curtains and I stir, trying to roll around I realize someone's hands are wrapped around me. Maxon. I peek over my shoulder and find him sleeping peacefully. It's true what they say, he looks much younger and at peace this way. My hands go to his and he tightens them.

"Good morning," I whisper softly to him.

"Morning, beautiful." He says, voice rough from sleep.

My core clenches as his eyes open and immediately lock onto mine, gaze darkening.

"What?" I ask, wondering why he's looking at me that way.

Before I realize what's going on he has me laying on my back and he's on top of me. I gasp as I feel his erection pressing into my core. 

Oh, that's why. 

His lips brush lightly over mine and he whispers gruffly. "I'm sorry." He dips his head into the crook of my neck and plants a soft kiss there. "For leaving you that way last night." He lifts his head to meet my gaze. "I don't want you to think I didn't want you because God knows I do."

I cup his stubbled cheeks and kiss him softly on his pouty lips. "Then why did you do that?" I whisper, trying to keep the hurt from my voice. Once Maxon went into the bathroom I thought he simply didn't want to sleep with me. Though what he did to me was amazing I couldn't understand why he didn't go through with it.

I watch his Adam's apple bob up and down as he lowers his head slightly. "I didn't want you to regret it."

My eyebrows draw together. "Regret what? Maxon, I loved what happened last night." Warmth suffuses my cheeks as I admit what I felt.

He continues eyeing me carefully. "I don't want you to think that..." He shudders in my arms. "That I only made you my girlfriend to have sex with you." He repeats his words from yesterday afternoon.

My eyes widen as realization sets in. All those times I accused Maxon of only wanting to sleep with me are still playing in his mind. My heart squeezes as I tug on him, pulling him closer to me as my legs wrap around his torso.

"Maxon," I brush back a few strands of his hair. "I'm sorry. That honestly didn't even cross my mind and..." I let out a soft sigh. "this is why I love you. You are very caring and thoughtful of others. I wasn't thinking, I just thought that maybe I wasn't good enough for you."