Chapter 25 - Maxon

The second those words left her beautiful mouth I was on her. Every doubt, anger, and hurt became non-existent as our lips met for the first time. I would've never expected our first kiss to be this way much less in a bathroom but God, I wouldn't have it any other way. I pour my wants and desires into her as her soft full lips move against mine.

"Maxon..." She mumbles against my mouth and her body trembles as I lick the seam of her lips.

"So sweet," I whisper against her and guide her back until her back hits the door.

She wraps her arms around my neck and I deepen the kiss, she lets out a moan and I groan but it's not from the kiss. Surprisingly.

"Oh God, what is it? Did I hurt you?" She pulls back abruptly and I miss her lips on mine right away. "Let me see."

She starts to lift my hoodie but hesitates. I give her the go-ahead and once she sees the big bruises on my side she gasps.

"Maxon...why didn't you tell me?"

I shrug and reach for her, hoping to pick up where we left off. She pulls away and prods lightly on my bruised side. I groan when she presses a bit too hard.

"Did I—"

"What the fuck is going on in there?" A young man's voice filters in through the door and I can only assume it's Madison's younger brother. By the way she stiffens, I know I'm correct.

When none of us answer he says, "Seriously? You guys have been in there for half an hour. I don't want to know what shit you all are doing in there but some of us need to take a piss."

Madison yelps and swings the door open. "What the hell Liam? Language."

He gives us a bored but alert look as his eyes switch from his sister's to mine. They narrow slightly on me but I can't blame him. He didn't necessarily get the best first impression of me.

"Liam, this is—"

"Maxon Blake." He says, eyeing me carefully. "I know. Everyone on the team knows you."

"Nice to meet you." I hold out my hand and he cautiously takes it before retreating back a step.

"Wish I could say the same but..." He shakes his head. "look, I don't know what the hell happened between you and my sister in New York but the way you came looking for her here..." His gaze hardens and he seems to look down upon me even though he's about three inches shorter than I. "Don't hurt her. Or I will hurt you. We are all each other got and if something happens to her...I don't care who the fuck you are. If you make her life hell? I sure as shit will make yours one too."

Madison stares at him. Stunned.

I, on the other hand, speak to him with newfound respect. Not many speak to me as if I'm human anymore. Once most find out my status, they tend to treat me as if I'm privileged or something. This is a breath of fresh air in comparison to that. "Threats aside, I'm glad Madison has a brother like you. You are hard to come by and I can see," I recall the way her entire family stepped out when they heard the commotion Jake-ass and I were causing outside. They were there in a heartbeat, making sure Madison was okay. "You protect your own. But either way, you don't need to worry about me hurting your sister. I won't. And that's a promise."

Liam stares at me for a few more moments, trying to read me and I let him see my sincerity. He doesn't break eye contact and neither do I. I've to hand it to the kid, he's tough. "Yeah. Now, can you both please get out of here? I wasn't kidding when I said I needed to use the bathroom."

Madison reaches for the first aid kit which fell to the floor the instant I hauled her to me and heads out with me in tow. "Oh by the way," Madison turns to face her brother who's leaning with his arms against the doorframe with a shit-eating grin on his face. "You might want to clean up a bit of that lip stuff you've got on." Then he slams the door and Madison stares up at me in horror.